• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England Tour Sri Lanka 2020

Howe_zat

Audio File
It's been a pretty batting heavy tour. They took a much better batting lineup than attack and it shows on the scorecards.

I wouldn't expect Lawrence to do any bowling in an England side this year but it's an interesting development.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Would be hillarious if England fail to win the test series and they drop points thinking it was easy points
Who's said that they're thinking it's easy points or are you just making **** up as per usual?

When you think that Shri is on the sidelines for 12 months, it baffles me how some people are still allowed to post.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Who's said that they're thinking it's easy points or are you just making **** up as per usual?

When you think that Shri is on the sidelines for 12 months, it baffles me how some people are still allowed to post.
it's unfortunately not against forum rules to make posts showing no signs of being able to pass the turing test

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
Should be an interesting tour. England team definitely seems weaker than when we won in SL last time but I'm interested to see how some of the newer guys go. England unlikely to win if Sibley, Pope & (especially) Bess don't have strong series, which feels a big ask at this stage.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Should be an interesting series. England's win there last time was probably the 2nd biggest upset in recent years behind SL's win in South Africa. I'd make SL favourites this time, but only narrowly.

BSM

U19 Cricketer
Feel like Sri Lanka will be a lot better this time around. Hopefully the new guys for England can build on their decent performances in SA. Sibley, and Crawley haven't really been tested too much against spin so far and Denly really struggled to score runs against Maharaj. Pope seems it a pretty decent player of spin though, so I'm backing him to have a decent series

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Pope batting 5 ahead of Stokes in this warmup. Makes sense if Stokes is the third seamer as seems likely.

Some reports this morning that the tests might be cancelled due to covid.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Stuart Broad
@StuartBroad8
·
Clouds came in after England lost the toss & were bowling, providing surprising but perfect conditions to bowl seam in...#

Heh.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Root out for 95 in the sim. Weird.

England compiling a narrow lead with Sam Curran at the crease. If England win this solely due to lower order runs, I’m calling it canon