• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England test tour of Pakistan December 2022

Xuhaib

International Coach
Hassan Ali axing was because the Pakistani selectors still live in the stone ages where a poor performance in one format leads to axing in another.

Hassan Ali has had a rough time in T 20 and this was used as a justification for test cricket axing.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
In years to come Anderson will get no credit for this series no matter what he does because the mantra will be that Pakistan are at a low ebb.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
Not in 2018 (five years after his last Test). He got a 151 there in 2012.
yeah that was in 2012 when he played 3 atg test knocks in the space of seven months.

151 v sri lanka in colombo
149 v south africa in leeds (the innings where he treated steyen and morkel like filthy county trundlers and called james taylor a manlet)
186 v india in mumbai

arguably the three best knocks of any player that year. proper mental batting.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think it was a great win for England. Shows that having more than one type of arrow in the quiver is crucial across conditions as a bowling attack. They still lack a proper 2nd spinner and Jacks has somehow not improved as I thought he could, or was not given the ball at all. Either way, England should look to blood some players in the third test.

For Pakistan, there has been quite a bit of good here. Saud shows that dropping Fawad may not have been such a big mistake afterall. I am still not sure of their spinners and the 6th batter but there is enough to work with. They should curbstomp NZ.

Of course, to actually achieve their potential they need to fire Rambo and find an actually competent Chief Executive/Chairman.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Regarding the dismissal, I do think some part of the ball may have grazed the turf but its also what foreshortening always makes it seem like. I have not seen the Root catch but quite a few comparisons to it on twitter.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
unless someone is properly crocked, not sure why england would make any changes for the last test.

they don't play again until feb when they go to new zealand and their bowling attack inevitably gets blunted.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Abbas had a good season for Hampshire didn't he? Remember a hatrick and 7for
Lost pace, isn't lethal at international level anymore. On the other hand he was still economical even without the extra yard of pace, could be useful against this england lineup, try and force them to make a mistake vs the other bowlers.

Slifer

International Captain
Well played England. Next I think you have a series in NZ, a one off vs Ireland then the ashes in the summer. Best of luck.

ashley bach

International Captain
Well played England. Next I think you have a series in NZ, a one off vs Ireland then the ashes in the summer. Best of luck.
Bazball in New Zealand will be very interesting to say the least, as will the ashes no doubt. Ireland on the other hand won't know what hit them.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I'm not sure they will either but I'd like a more normal XI with a wicketkeeper in it as oppose to Will Jacks being the Bez of the team
Very good indeed, and I don't even like the Happy Mondays. Sounds like an idea for a new thread ...