• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England test tour of Pakistan December 2022

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Leach is fine. He is not a great spinner but I dont really think England have a better one hiding out in CC.

But the 4/150 is what is called the Ashley Giles spell. And he could bat.

BazBall21

International Regular
It reminds me a bit of the way Sibley would divide opinion. He wasn’t much good, but England’s two ultra-attritional alternatives to him were both worse by a fair distance.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Genuinely think he was just not prepared to face spin first up. Good move by Babar, dunno if it was dictated by the light. But in the SC, your spinner is as good a bet to get new ball wickets as your seamers are.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Seems a bit of a pisstake to me that Broad misses the series on maternity leave and then spends maternity leave in the television studio for the same series.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Do you think I would open the batting for England if Zak Crawley’s dad was my dad?
I know your joking here....but there is a lot of talk about Zaks privileged upbringing. Does anyone realy think that Stokes and Bmac would entertain any of that? Past England sides for sure but not this one no way. None of us see it but obviously those 2 see something in this bloke and its 100% nothing to do with familly.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I know your joking here....but there is a lot of talk about Zaks privileged upbringing. Does anyone realy think that Stokes and Bmac would entertain any of that? Past England sides for sure but not this one no way. None of us see it but obviously those 2 see something in this bloke and its 100% nothing to do with familly.
Crawley has a very high upside, and there's noene knocking down the door in county, is there? Jenning's couldn't buy a run in england last time he was tried, burns can only make runs with his old technique, hameed has been tried and failed twice. There so low on options that they've turned duckett into an opener when he bat's 3/4 in county and hasn't opened in FC in years. Not saying crawley should be there, think sibley or compton should be, but crawley's upside is far higher than the other guys running around the squad atm.