• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

EA Sports Cricket 2006

Deboooo

Cricket Spectator
blackcapsrule said:
It may be a long way away but what do you wan't improved or added to make it a great game.

I'd like to see:

Harder game play
Full stat tracking
A career mode
Multiple bowling styles
Proper bats, like GM, Kookaburra ect
Bowling styles looking like real life players

Thats all I have for now. What are your Ideas.
i think definetly a career mode, may be bowling action looking real or proper bats

blues4life

Cricket Spectator
Powelly answer

but they definately should have career mode, player actions, bats and definately the proper looking players

blues4life

Cricket Spectator
i reckon they should have a thing where you can play the team with classic jersey like the skin tight eighties one or the ones from just a couple of years ago

Gilli_cheat

Cricket Spectator
Cricket 2006-new features

Hai Guys...! I would like to see a post match presentation ceremony...
and a pre match Pitch report giving a brief coverage of the pitch like the live telecast in the television....!

It is nice to include some mini features like drinks break and when a team is batting ,the 12th man carrying drinks to the batsmen...between overs..

Then the commentators must vary according to the sub-continent...Also it would be interesting if lot of umpires were available and there is an option provided to select the umpires.....

Last edited:

Gilli_cheat

Cricket Spectator
rolande said:
i have cricket 2005 and bowling is fun but batting is imposible
You can bat easily...
you should play the shot as soon as the ball is pitched..this will work very well when the ball is pitched just front of your leg and you go for a sweep..it would be a SIX most times...

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Have not read the whole thread but this is what I want to see other the eradication of all the bugs.

-Players resembling normal human beings, not fat former bodybuilders.
-Distinguishing heights between the players and weight, such as Justin Langer is not the same height as Glenn McGrath and Inzy is not as slim as Kaneria.
-Improved bowling system, it is so boring and slow.
-Bowlers and batsman have there own distinct run ups, actions and stance.
-Make every shot about timing the ball not pressing X straight after the bowler has released the ball to play a 'come down the track' shot.
-Making the bounce of the ball on the outfield more realistic.
-Realistic running between the wickets, Inzy should not run a single in the same time as Michael Hussey.

Plenty of more but that will do for now.

SA

Banned
The next Cricket game from EA is gonna be Cricket 2007:World Cup Edition & it would be released around March time.

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
SA said:
The next Cricket game from EA is gonna be Cricket 2007:World Cup Edition & it would be released around March time.
Correct. We'll also be seeing a BLIC2007 release and Codies are more likely to get the ICC license.

oz_fan

International Regular
SA said:
So no ps2 or xbox cricket games to be released in 2006?

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
oz_fan said:
So no ps2 or xbox cricket games to be released in 2006?
I guess there's a chance they might push c2k7 to a December release to catch the Christmas market and the Ashes but March 2007 is more likely.

blues4life

Cricket Spectator
Powelly reckons

that its good that the next game isnt for a while beCOLOR]cause that'l give them a chance to improve the game even more than if it was coming out this year

Gilli_cheat

Cricket Spectator
EA Sports- Cricket 2005 Create Players -need help

Can anyone help...
:huh: I have created a player ,for example,I have created a player Suresh Raina in Indian team. I had adjusted the skin colour and saved in roster.
While playing with him, I surprised to see his skin looking very black....

Then, I created another player and adjusted his skin tone to more white(like Australian)
and the same thing happens during Gameplay..
This is happening in case of other created players...I do not observe any change when I was editing the face...

What's wrong...?What should I do to get the correct skin colour in gameplay...?

barmyarmy

U19 Captain
Gilli_cheat said:
Can anyone help...
:huh: I have created a player ,for example,I have created a player Suresh Raina in Indian team. I had adjusted the skin colour and saved in roster.
While playing with him, I surprised to see his skin looking very black....

Then, I created another player and adjusted his skin tone to more white(like Australian)
and the same thing happens during Gameplay..
This is happening in case of other created players...I do not observe any change when I was editing the face...

What's wrong...?What should I do to get the correct skin colour in gameplay...?
It's a graphics card glitch. Assuming you're playing on PC not PS2 then Player Editor V3 can fix it.