• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Draft: "We're not #1"

Himannv

International Coach
01. Barry Richards
02. Bill Ponsford
03. Phil Mead
04. Patsy Hendren
05. Eddie Paynter
06. Maurice Leyland
07. Godfrey Evans+
08. Garth McKenzie
09. Nathan Lyon
10. Shoaib Akhtar
11. Mohammad Asif

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Heart or head for my last man?

Head tells me I should go for Mushtaq Mohammad as my batsman who can come on and take a few wickets as second spinner, but **** that for a game of soldiers – I’ve picked everyone else in this team because they’re personal favourites so no need to stop now

Marcus Trescothick
Archie Jackson
Douglas Jardine*
Stan McCabe
Bert Sutcliffe
Collie Smith
Matt Prior+
Amar Singh
Harold Larwood
Johnny Wardle
Ted MacDonald

a massive zebra

International Captain
The very last pick in the draft is the much underrated Frank Tarrant.

Geoff Boycott
Saeed Anwar
K.S. Ranjitsinhji (c)
Seymour Nurse
Thilan Samaraweera
Dinesh Chandimal (w)
Frank Tarrant (5)
Saqlain Mushtaq (4)
Charlie Griffith (3)
Kagiso Rabada (2)
Frank Tyson (1)

Last edited:

srbhkshk

International Captain
Maybe not capable of staying up there with the ATG teams, but I'd venture most of the teams selected would be #1 in most eras unlike their names, good job by all and great draft.