• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Draft Game - Fantasy Cricket 2019

anil1405

International Captain
Dutch and the Irish are set to play a minimum of 10 T20Is each this quarter (plus a few more based on how far they advance in the qualifiers), so hope they fetch enough points to help me overtake pfc.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah I noticed this which is why I went Dockrell and C00per.

Felt slightly bad just picking players from thesw countries so wanted to give Stanlake some love.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Im pretty confident William Stanlake makes our T20I team vs Sri Lanka.

With the increase of T20Is from lets be honest, minnow nations, perhaps only runs vs. a certain tier should count?

Im all for a global game, but i dont feel as though the purpose of the game is to locate a random batsman from Chile who are playing in a 9 match series vs. Oman or something.

Teuton

International Captain
Yeah he could do. T20 selection is hard to predict.

I'm still not sure how best to handle the low ranked nations. A number of us streamed the Scots and Dutch this qtr since they have that qualifying tournament. Those 2 teams do have ODI status too, so that could be an eligibility rule to avoid anomalies. I doubt if many would go in the main draft next year due to expected volume of cricket. But I may well be wrong.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was gonna suggest removing t20s since that's everyone least favourite format anyway but I know that's pretty drastic. And also the WC is next year so thatl be fun

But yeah looks like people will have to read up more on minnows if they want to win!

Teuton

International Captain
anil is pulling away, but there are lots of Tests to play before the year is out:

Team Score
anil1405 13899
pfc19 13327
Randycricfreak 11856
Teuton 11802
mr_mister 11003
NUFAN 10843
kingkallis 9747
jimmy101 9458
morgieb 9239
Pup Clarke 9226
Wickets & Runs 9192
SillyCowCorner1 6863

Teuton

International Captain
I'm also starting think about next year and am looking for interest. I will do a pre-sign up in this thread now so if you are interested in going around again in 2020 post it here and start researching. The new thread should come up next week with the draft after that.

Teuton

International Captain
The thread for 2020 is up. The 3 of you above have been put straight into the participants list as requested.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Ive commented in the 2020 thread, keen to play.

Btw, yeah cool, I have Marnus, totally forgot. Shakibs saga was not great. I screwed up my keeper all year and Stanlake wasnt the absolute best choice. I also had way too much faith in Bravo.

Teuton

International Captain
The 2020 draft is kicking off soon so if there are any last minute additions please say so now

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Thanks for running this Teuton, but I think I've had my fair share of whoopings throughout these comps to continue :-)