• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Double wicket tournament

Jayro

U19 12th Man
Supposing you are allowed to choose two players from the history in a single inning unlimited overs test match where the two players would bowl in tandem,,, and two batsman would bat untill both of them get out; which two players would you choose in your team ; my would be Imran khan and Gary sobers.... But now I wonder it's easy for only two bowlers to succumb to fatigue should one of the opposition batsman gets set and it will become a never ending marathon, considering this.... Let's say it's a 20 - 20 over tournament where the bowlers are allowed ten overs each to go at the other pair in a contest of one inning each which two players would you choose in your team now , mine under given circumstances will be; Keith Miller and Lance Klusener, which two players would you have?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We used to run these things as a fund raiser for the club. You’d draw two names out of a hat (always different grades in the pair) and one pair would play against another in a four over a side game, with each team member bowling two overs each, and last man carries with the dismissed batsman as a runner.

The WK and fielders were from the pairs which weren’t involved in the match which was going on. Used to be a good day. If you had enough players you’d run the innings of consecutive matches after each other, so the teams would have time to swap over between games.

Always a good day with a few beers along the way.

as for the OP, maybe K Miller and Botham as an outfit would be good value.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
We used to run these things as a fund raiser for the club. You’d draw two names out of a hat (always different grades in the pair) and one pair would play against another in a four over a side game, with each team member bowling two overs each, and last man carries with the dismissed batsman as a runner.

The WK and fielders were from the pairs which weren’t involved in the match which was going on. Used to be a good day. If you had enough players you’d run the innings of consecutive matches after each other, so the teams would have time to swap over between games.

Always a good day with a few beers along the way.

as for the OP, maybe K Miller and Botham as an outfit would be good value.
Miller and Davison, FTW.

Left and Right arm. I guess you can even say Miller and Sobers would be pretty much unbeatable.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
There was actually a double wicket tournament held in India in 1994 or 95. They had Kapil Dev and Manoj Prabhakar as a team and I thought they will win as they were the best allrounders in the country and both were playing for India. They lost in the semis and I think it was won by Jadeja and Kambli or something. Puts paid to the allrounder theory, doesn't it?

cnerd123

likes this
Love me some double wicket cricket. It's a format that should make a comeback. UKC tried a sort of single-wicket-with-teammates sort of thing recently, kinda interesting but not the same.

I think I'm going for Border and Hadlee.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Love me some double wicket cricket. It's a format that should make a comeback. UKC tried a sort of single-wicket-with-teammates sort of thing recently, kinda interesting but not the same.

I think I'm going for Border and Hadlee.
These kind of things should be tried with a little seriousness instead of just making everything flashy. I mean there are endless possibilities when you are trying to create a completely new format. I mean despite of how much purists hate, tournaments like Honk Kong Sixes and T10 league(don't know the name, and too lazy too google it) are still a hit amongst the casual fans because they are presented as competitive and serious(even though they are just slogathons).

Last edited: