• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

DoG's Top 100 Test Bowlers Countdown Thread 100-1

Bolo

State Captain
I take the average of all the stats for each criteria across the top 100. So a bowler's stats for each criteria is weighted against the stats of other bowlers in the top 100.

The averages for the peak criteria are 22.50 52.50 5.50
Cool, definitely gives better results this way, was just confused.

jaideep

U19 12th Man
Career and every innings.
I think Strike rate for innings of 50+ is a better measure as these scores will result in more wins or draws compared to scores less than 50 which result in more losses.Having a better Strike rate in matches lost is not advantageous to the team.

Last edited:

Days of Grace

International Captain
I think Strike rate for innings of 50+ is a better measure as these scores will result in more wins or draws compared to scores less than 50 which result in more losses.Having a better Strike rate in matches lost is not advantageous to the team.
I'm making it simple but accessing the strike-rate for all innings, just as I do for bowlers.

Borges

International Regular
Agreed, in principle. But this would make the job a lot harder; it is probably not worth the extra effort that is required.

Bolo

State Captain
Dulling the new ball, sticking around to build a partnership with a set bat, batting for a draw etc.

Way too many exceptions you need to take into account. Just give it a low weight like 9/1 and be done. In general faster is better.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Would love to see this list updated sometime to see how the modern players rankings have shifted over the past 5 years and where guys like Cummins and Bumrah rank.