• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do SC Pacers Deserve More Credit For Home Performances?

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
All fine then. We just disagree on whether a spotty away record 'exposes' a successful home record in tough conditions. I don't think so. But thanks for engaging with me.
Groovy.

Happy to agree to disagree at this point.

I really liked the engagement with you at the beginning, cos it made me think of things that had not previously occurred to me. But we are both over it, and it's time to call time.
1711338409920.png

subshakerz

International Coach
Another issue I have with wantonly adjusting Asian pacemen relative to their counterparts is that, imo Subz doesn't account for era and differing conditions across non Asian countries etc.

I'm going to speak from a west Indian perspective because that's what i'm most well versed in. Up til the 70s/80s WI attacks were heavily spin influenced and wickets in the WI while not spin friendly, for most of the 50s and 60s were some of the flattest worldwide. If I'm not mistaken they used matting in Pakistan (could be wrong). Not surprises then that a world class paceman like Fazal, emerged a bit before Hall. Things obviously changed in the late 70s and through the late 90s.

Then you compare an England to the WI and I don't think anyone would argue that English conditions are more conducive to pace than in the WI, yet despite debuting in 1928, and producing flat wickets until the 70s or so, WI have produced more world class pacemen than England. So it's not just the wickets and conditions.

Currently, for like maybe the last 10 years or so, while India has experienced a glut of class pacemen, WI have gone the opposite direction. WI is experiencing what India used to. Except at home, and that's mostly down to the use of Duke ball, because afaic, pitches in the WI are as slow as anywhere else. Why is that? Just food for thought....
Fair enough, I will say my analysis applies moreso in the modern cricket era.

Bolo.

International Vice-Captain
Another issue I have with wantonly adjusting any pacemen relative to their counterparts is that, none of us account for era and differing conditions across non Asian countries etc.
The normal method of FTFY is to dismiss the post. Great post, but let's take it further.