• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Divisional Lineups

Rich2001

International Captain
You are correct Umpire Money - Paid has already run one BUT. Both me and GB don't think it would be fair as he did it about a month ago using all last years teams so therfore has little impact on what teams look like now... example my team (Kent) would probley have only 6 of those players still at the club and maybe 5 that will play, and I now have signed/traded an extra 6/7 players all who should make my starting line up.

If you think that Paid's results are fair iam happy to stick with them... It's up to GB to chose it's his game afterall

Rich2001

International Captain
Originally posted by Umpire Money
dunno on the scale of things i dont think we are up there with the importance of gb or rich
That's a little unfair don't you think? it's GB game so yeah he will always have the last word etc. But iam just trying to help him out, there is a hell of a lot of work that needs to be done. I don't have to do anything I could just sit back and do nothing but summit my team each week. But I offered my help one day at the very begining and GB took me up on it.

If you want to be more involed all you need to do is ask, iam sure there are loads of jobs that need doing.

Rich2001

International Captain
Originally posted by deckard
What was his results like??
Div 1 - FC

Surrey
Tamil Nadu
Colts
Mumbai
Queensland
NSW
Somerset
Yorkshire

Div 2 - FC

W. Prov
Tasmania
Warwickshire
SA
Kent
Karnataka
WA
Worcs

Div 3 - FC

Hampshire
N. Districs
Glamorgan
Canterbury
Auckland
Victoria
Leister
Lancashire

Rich2001

International Captain
Since im in division 3 i think we should go with Rich's idea :D:D
LOL :lol:

All iam saying is, would the postions still be the same with all trades/signings people have made...

deckard

U19 Captain
If thats the order that the teams finished in then it makes for interesting reading. Like Surrey at the top and also looks like Tasmania just missed out on division 1.....

Rich2001

International Captain
If thats the order that the teams finished in then it makes for interesting reading. Like Surrey at the top and also looks like Tasmania just missed out on division 1.....
Sorry wouldn't know... i just copied the teams from my file.

Or to save all this hassle is it easier to stick with the same teams/leauges as in the OD

Rich2001

International Captain
Dont do that.....this comp u are planning on running is my only hope of getting out of div 3
LOL :lol: not desprate then
:frog:

Well like I said in a earlier posts, whatever people want... If they want the comp run iam happy to.... if not then fine

Graham

3rd Umpire
Such a competition to determine divisions should have been run with people getting the chance to submit teams and choose pitch conditions as per the OD competition, otherwise it is invalid.
My understanding is that for this season the divisions would be the same for both FC and OD and that's the way it should stay!
Looking at Rich's divisional groupings you can see why I did a lot of trading with Lancashire though in order to stand a chance of staying in Div1!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Agreed here - it has been stated that next season's leagues are based on this seasons OD league.

Rich2001

International Captain
Originally posted by Graham
Such a competition to determine divisions should have been run with people getting the chance to submit teams and choose pitch conditions as per the OD competition, otherwise it is invalid.
You would pick your team.. or at least summit a team for the whole comp

My understanding is that for this season the divisions would be the same for both FC and OD and that's the way it should stay!
That's a fair point, and if GB agrees that's how they will stay.

Looking at Rich's divisional groupings you can see why I did a lot of trading with Lancashire though in order to stand a chance of staying in Div1!
Ummm, they are Paid's rankings...nothing to do with me.

Paid The Umpire

All Time Legend
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The best team was chosen by the computer. And you pitch settings was brought through.

quote:

Bugger off. I think that some of the teams would ultra suck in one form but flurish in the other.

quote:

Hey, don't get angry at me. Many teams have been dropped and others have been put up. Surrey, for example, would have been in Div 2 but are in Div 1.

JUST TO MAKE CLEAR!

I did run the simming, with the official data AND each team played every other team 8 times.... (4 home and 4 away)

THAT makes... 184 games inwhich to prove your worth! If a side can't do well enough then, well too BAD! :baddevil:

PS. No offence intended! :saint:

Graham

3rd Umpire
Bugger off yourself Paid! Offence taken and returned with interest.
I'll go with what GB decides although I have made my point about what I think.