• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Division 2 OD Discussion Thread

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Teams

Code:
Auckland
Hampshire
Karachi
Leicestershire
Mumbai
South Australia
Surrey
WP Cobras
Here is the place to discuss season preview, mid season reports, season reviews, player signings, media releases, match previews, team announcements and match reports. Basically everything and anything to do with Division 2 OD.

Discuss

Last edited:

cometer

State Regular
I'm feeling rather confident of taking the title here. Will be interesting to see how the season unfolds.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I'm feeling rather confident of taking the title here. Will be interesting to see how the season unfolds.
SA look like the big threat but you will probably have more depth and any other side in this divison. I'm sure Underwood will be back to his minnow bashing best this season.

cometer

State Regular
SA look like the big threat but you will probably have more depth and any other side in this divison. I'm sure Underwood will be back to his minnow bashing best this season.
One could hope. Went from a freak with 993 runs from 10 innings in his first major season, to a regular decent bat in his 2nd season, but really struggled last season as did a lot of my one day bats.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
One could hope. Went from a freak with 993 runs from 10 innings in his first major season, to a regular decent bat in his 2nd season, but really struggled last season as did a lot of my one day bats.
Yeah so did most of my bats. The Division One bowling attack were a lot stronger then what i thought they would be and getting stronger by the looks of things. Having a look at the last couple seasons, last season was the first time Tweedie averaged under 60 in his career.

cometer

State Regular
Yeah so did most of my bats. The Division One bowling attack were a lot stronger then what i thought they would be and getting stronger by the looks of things. Having a look at the last couple seasons, last season was the first time Tweedie averaged under 60 in his career.
Will be interesting how he fares this season then as to whether the bowlers dominant.

I've got myself a handy bowling attack this season for one day which in the past I haven't really had much of, so I'm hoping the extra depth pays off.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I reckon Surrey for promotion. Strong as batting lineup, bowling good too. :cool:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Alright before i do season previews i just want to see what managers goals are for this season. Are they looking for promotion, maintaining their spot in the division or just a rebuilding year.

Fire away

Umpire Money

State Vice-Captain
Mumbai are looking at retaining their spot in Div 2

We are looking at next season to going into div 1 with FC more on the mind.

tadeusz

State 12th Man
While promotion will be nice, WP Cobras would be looking to maintain consistency throughout the season and avoid the drop.

cometer

State Regular
Alright before i do season previews i just want to see what managers goals are for this season. Are they looking for promotion, maintaining their spot in the division or just a rebuilding year.

Fire away

Leicestershire will be looking for promotion for sure this season, anything below a top 2 or 3 finish would be hugely disappointing.

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain

Fire away
Promotion is deffinitely the target this year, we've got the side to it, but an improvement will be needed after our Pre-Season performances.