• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dev League Season 8 (Sign Up Here!)

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
new_age_ar said:
Well back home in Sri Lanka i used to play more as a batting all rounder, cus i was a allot faster then guys there. But since i've been playing in Australia i've played more as a batsmen, or keeper batsmen. Cus the guys are better at facing bowlers of my pace and im only as fast as the other guys. But im not sure which one i want to to do for, this game. I'll have a think about it, is there no chance of doing both. :D

TBH im more of a batsmen who can bowl and keep a little bit. I have no accuracy and i can't keep to spinners.
I'd say about impossible that you'd keep those stats. We've got a new policy where we don't allow wonder players to be wonder players. :P

The stats will be adjusted somehow.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
new_age_ar said:
Batting Avge: 41.98 (FC), 38.21 (1D)
Bowling Avge: 21.72 (FC), 22.45 (1D)
Bowling Econ. (optional): 4.26 (FC), 5.41 (1D)

Batting SR (FC cricket): 80.24
Fielding rating: 27
Is this the best one yet? (!)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Black Five Day Final XI
Alex Blackman
Simon Jones
Chris Butler
David Kearsley
Darren Dubb Lynch
Zafar Mohammad
Ash Chaulk +
Callum Thompson
Sangrah Bhatia
David Richards
Neil Pickup *

Don't be afraid to use DYDL as a third spin option if needed

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I'd say about impossible that you'd keep those stats. We've got a new policy where we don't allow wonder players to be wonder players. :P

The stats will be adjusted somehow.
Sorry i just put down my club and school stats, that what the FAQ thread thing asked for. I had a chat to my cusion that plays this, Tharmi (chaminda00), he told me there is allot of batting/bowling all rounders so is it cool if i just play as a keeping all rounder. If i do this can i keep my stats, except of course my bowling ones. Im sorry but i just thought u put in ur career stats and thats it, i guess i got it wrong.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
THIS ****EN REDICOULOUS..... LOOK AT HIS STATS I MEAN COM ON>>> HE SHOULD not BE ALLOWED TO ENTER EVEN WITH HALF THOSE STATS... sorry for caps and all.. but this is really annoying me.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Neil Pickup said:
Black Five Day Final XI
Alex Blackman
Simon Jones
Chris Butler
David Kearsley
Darren Dubb Lynch
Zafar Mohammad
Ash Chaulk +
Callum Thompson
Sangrah Bhatia
David Richards
Neil Pickup *

Don't be afraid to use DYDL as a third spin option if needed
Neil, i've told you before, my bowling isn't that bad. Defnetly not bad enough for me to have not bowled a single over this season. But I guess I should be grateful just to be in the team :D

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
kears_falcon_9 said:
THIS ****EN REDICOULOUS..... LOOK AT HIS STATS I MEAN COM ON>>> HE SHOULD not BE ALLOWED TO ENTER EVEN WITH HALF THOSE STATS... sorry for caps and all.. but this is really annoying me.
Geez, he put his real-life stats in, you can't expect him to do anything more than that. Obviously Liam will ensure fairness by adjusting those stats to something reasonable, but leave that up to him instead of abusing new players.
I put my real-life stats in (my bowling average was just over 8) and obviously Liam adjusted that because my Dev League career average is around 27 now, which is fair enough. The point of entering your stats is for Liam to determine what type of player you are, not necessarily how good a player you are. I think Liam has done a good job in my case (and in most cases), because in real life and in the Dev League I am an economical medium-pacer who picks up wickets occasionally, and a defensive lower-order batsman.
My point is, leave it up to Liam to decide what's fair; he's clearly not going to give someone a batting average of 100 and a bowling average of 5 just because they ask him to.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
yeah i agree with adam... on here we're all cricket nerds and chances are some of us in real life are really good and play against weak opposition.. Liam will make it fair... he always has!!! Just let it be...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
ahhhh thats damn hilarious :D

he sumarises this seasons rookies. and yet he has done nothing wrong! :)

dinu23

International Debutant
kears_falcon_9 said:
he put in his real life stats as the FAQ says so. there's nothing wrong in that. I'm sure Liam will adjust them.

BlackCap_Fan

State Vice-Captain
kears_falcon_9 said:
Don't you think you're overreacting just a little?

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Robertinho said:
I think he has a fair point... that's beyond even the prowess of Mr Wilson!
Just out of curiosity, don't you think it's a bit rich for the person who signed up with the highest batting average in the history of the dev league to complain about overpowered rookies?

He will be toned down and since he won't be in before season 9 he will be brought in line with whatever new measures Liam brings in before then. It's no big deal and it's certainly not his fault.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I wasn't complaining - people were having a go at Kearsley for showing venting his frustration at this 40/22 all rounder, I was simply defending what Kearsley had said.

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
FaaipDeOiad said:
Just out of curiosity, don't you think it's a bit rich for the person who signed up with the highest batting average in the history of the dev league to complain about overpowered rookies?
LOL!