• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CWXI Selection Panel

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
cricketboy29 said:
You know how the proverb goes, "Too many cooks spoil the broth"
Not so much as it just makes it a lot easier to coordinate with 3 people than with 5!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
marc71178 said:
Not so much as it just makes it a lot easier to coordinate with 3 people than with 5!
And then when 2 don't show up or are unavailable (as has happened countless times in the past), what then? With 5 we have insurance for such a situation to get a comfortable discussion.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
And then when 2 don't show up or are unavailable (as has happened countless times in the past), what then? With 5 we have insurance for such a situation to get a comfortable discussion.
Said mishaps don't occur in Marc's little perfect world.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Anyway, what about new PA Rep elections? Garven's had a long, successful reign, but I think maybe a year on it's time for a change?

The two contenders IMO would be Towns and Fuller - though Towns would probably have to step down from the U-19 panel.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member

Before any elections are held i think it would be a wise idea to set the term that a PA rep should sit for before new elections are held. 2 seasons (including the off seasons for those seasons) i think would be a reasonable amount of time.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Ofcourse that is off topic to this thread too, any further opinions on the makeup of the selection panel?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Pratyush said:
Has any one ever objected to you? 8-)
There's a time for everything.

The debate still hasn't reached a consensus on three or five members of the selections panel, either, which is a little bit worrying. :unsure:

Last edited:

Loony BoB

International Captain
I still think five is good, as it allows for the odd person not replying to not hinder any selections. So long as at least three of the five people get involved every time, then I'm happy, but it should never really be done with less, which would probably happen often if there were only three spots.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
I think: An elected Rep of the CONTRACTED players. This is a poll open only for votes by the contracted player, and must be a contracted player (central or secondary). It can not be the captain, Hakon or Liam. An elected Rep of the Players. This is open to all players except Hakon and Liam, but can not be a contracted player (central or secondary). Hakon and Liam. The captain or the coach..

It gives 5, and neither the elected players or the board has the majority.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Jamee999 said:
I think: An elected Rep of the CONTRACTED players. This is a poll open only for votes by the contracted player, and must be a contracted player (central or secondary). It can not be the captain, Hakon or Liam. An elected Rep of the Players. This is open to all players except Hakon and Liam, but can not be a contracted player (central or secondary). Hakon and Liam. The captain or the coach..

It gives 5, and neither the elected players or the board has the majority.
Why? That wouldn't be any more democratic than any other system proposed. Why give extra power to the contracted players, whilst taking it away from the rest? Makes no sense...