• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CWPL Preseason Comp and Trials

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Group A
SillyCowCorner1
Spark
Chewie

Group B
Daemon
Athlai
Howe_zat

Group C
Flem274
morgieb
Dan

Group D
Randycricfreak
Marcuss
GoodAreasShane

In the preseason comp (the "CWPL Care Cup") you'll play the other two teams in your group once, then progress to the knockouts if you top your group.

We'll have another couple of trials after that's over, one round of which I may or may not half troll with nonsense (so don't rely on more than one real game after the preseason comp to finalise your eleven ;) )

I've decided I won't be mean enough to injure players in trials, so you might as well go ahead and use them to try and figure out who you're going to start with rather than resting guys to keep them fit.

I'll create a separate lineups threads with a template once I've settled on what format I want you to name lineups in over the next couple of days, but you can start thinking and discuss it now. Also ****-talk with the rest of your group about how they all suck. Hype.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
You know they say that all teams are created equal, but you look at me and you look at morgieb and you can see that statement is not true. See, normally if you go one on one with another team, you got a 50/50 chance of winning. But I'm a genetic freak and I'm not normal! So you got a 25%, AT BEST, at beat me. Then you add Flem274* to the mix, your chances of winning drastic go down. See the 3 way to the Care Cup finals, you got a 33 1/3 chance of winning, but I, I got a 66 and 2/3 chance of winning, because Flem274* KNOWS he can't beat me and he's not even gonna try!

So morgieb, you take your 33 1/3 chance, minus my 25% chance and you got an 8 1/3 chance of making the Care Cup final. But then you take my 75% chance of winning, if we was to go one on one, and then add 66 2/3 per cents, I got 141 2/3 chance of making the Care Cup finals. See morgieb, the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for you at the Care Cup.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Fawad Alam
Tom Latham
Kane Williamson
Younis Khan
Faf du Plessis
Tim Paine (+)
Mitchell Santner
Mitchell Starc
Jeetan Patel
Morne Morkel
Ishant Sharma

Will try my full strength team with the long tail in the first game

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
Do I need a team name to name my lineup? If so, I'll probably just go with whatever Athlai called my team in one of the other threads (can't remember what he put)

Chewie

International Vice-Captain
Also, first lineup likely to be:

1. Gambhir
2. Silva
3. Khawaja
4. Sohail
5. Chase
6. Hafeez
7. Seifert
8. Roach
9. Abbas
10. Holland
11. Boland

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
First preseason game squad

1. Warner
2. Azhar
3. Lil Bravo
4. Hope
5. RVDD
6. Maxwell
7. Sarfraz
8. Patto
9. Harmer
10. Franky
11. Nortje

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Unofficial Trial XI:
1. Tatenda Taibu
2. Yasir Shah
3. Nick Bertus +*
4. Scott Kuggeleijn
5. Mohammad Asif
6. Rachin Ravindra
7. Misbah-ul-Haq
8. Jacques Kallis
9. Nick Larkin
10. Milinda Pushpakumara
11. Wasim Jaffer

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nobody cares about your lineups guys, stop posting them

Look forward to meeting Dan in the finals

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Nobody cares about your lineups guys, stop posting them

Look forward to meeting Dan in the finals
I've got no dramas with people posting lineups in here so we can bag out their crap teams as long as they all know they'll have to post them again in the format I demand later. :p

Lol @ Dan picking Kallis despite not even drafting him, and that batting order.

Flem274*

123/5
i can't even remember who is in any of your **** teams. gonna use the hidings i'm about to dish out to figure out who picked who.