• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CWBCC Fast Bowling Academy

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Hoggy31 said:
Great stuff Dave

Happy with my performance, and if it were possible could we keep a Brett Dorey performance watch too :D
Dorey didn't play the last 1D game, hence why you shared the new ball with Ervine I suspect.

In the 4D game he managed 3/95 and 3/71, and the 1D 0/20 and DNB. Nothing special yet.

FaaipDeOiad said:
Bit surprised to see Travis bowling so much slower than Hoy in particular. Never realised Nathan was so quick!
Travis has been down on pace significantly, and in turn hasn't produced much. I'm guessing its a confidence thing, once he gets the wickets he'll pick up the pace, hopefully.

Cloete

International Captain
Hoggy31 said:
Great stuff Dave

Happy with my performance, and if it were possible could we keep a Brett Dorey performance watch too :D
It's not like you can miss him :D

Just look up! :laugh:

Travis_Teh

International Regular
I'm bowling rubbish!
SLOW rubbish!
Niggling little side problem, been bowling a lot for Port of Spain lately.

Hope to increase my speed a lot. If i don't take wickets I atleast want to take the bloody batsmen down with me! Can't beat them/get them out...HIT THEM.

Must work on pace...must work on pace..

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Doesn't matter how fast you bowl travis if the square leg umpire is more worried about getting hit then the batsman on strike (see my first games...:()

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Round 2 4D

Name: TJ Demeza
Club: Joondalup
Opposition: Fremantle
Venue: Iluka Sporting Complex
Result: Fremantle 393 & 0/18 beat Joondalup 250 & 160 by 10 Wickets
1st Innings Batting (11): 0*(1)
1st Innings Bowling (1): 26.4-3-100-5 (inc: S Ervine, N Borcich, B Dorey)
Avg Speed: 144.1 km/h
2nd Innings Batting (11): 4(3)
2nd Innings Bowling (1): 2.5-0-16-0
Avg Speed: 128.2 km/h
Awards: Nil
Coaches Comments: It took a while, but it appears Travis is finally finding his feet, a solid bowling effort in the first innings was well rewarded with 5 wickets. Even more noteable was his second innings batting, 4 off the first ball, followed up by a dropped catch and then his dismissal. Will be looking to improve and hit top form soon.
Rating: 7/10

Name: AAA Collins
Club: Scarborough
Opposition: Melville
Venue: Abbett Park
Result: Scarborough 308 & 6/353 drew with Melville 405 & 4/263dec.
1st Innings Batting (8): 2(7)
1st Innings Bowling (3): 35.3-18-59-4 (inc. C Tremlett, S Magoffin)
Avg Speed: 105.4 km/h
2nd Innings Batting (8): 0*(8)
2nd Innings Bowling (3): 19-9-43-1 (inc. A Voges)
Avg Speed: 104.2 km/h
Coaches Comments: Tough day at the office for a bowler when the 2 batting powerhouses of the comp meet. Adam did it reasonably well, took wickets and kept it tight-ish. Highlight was first innings bowling display, frustrating the batsmen all day and being rewarded with the tail as they tried to hit him onto the lawn bowls greens next to the sportsmans club.
Rating: 6/10

Name: CP Thompson
Club: Perth
Opposition: Rockingham-Mandurah
Venue: Settlers Hill
Result: Perth 361 & 0/11 beat Rockingham-Mandurah 166 & 205 by 10 Wickets
1st Innings Batting (6): 112(246)
1st Innings Bowling (3): 17-2-51-3 (inc. R Bopara, A Heal)
Avg Speed: 140.8 km/h
2nd Innings Batting (6): DNB
2nd Innings Bowling (3): 11.1-4-23-4 (inc. N Hoy, P Wilson)
Avg Speed: 143.5 km/h
Awards: MoM
Coaches Comments: Second MoM in a row for Callum. A well comprised ton, when Perth were in trouble after losing Garth Nottle and Luke Ronchi for ducks, he steadied the innings in stylish manner. His bowling didn't dissapoint either, especially good in the 2nd innings, again he seemed to bowl well within himself and focus on control rather than raw speed, and his confidence seems to be rising each game.
Rating: 9/10

Name: NA Borcich
Club: Fremantle
Opposition: Joondalup
Venue: Iluka Sporting Complex
Result: Fremantle 393 & 0/18 beat Joondalup 250 & 160 by 10 Wickets
1st Innings Batting (7): 18(50) [B Dorey 0(3)]
1st Innings Bowling (6): 14-6-30-2 [B Dorey 4/76 - inc. R Campbell, M Rindel, J Sprauge]
Avg Speed: 133.1 km/h
2nd Innings Batting (7): DNB [B Dorey DNB]
2nd Innings Bowling (4): 8-2-26-0 [B Dorey 5/54 - inc. M Rindel]
Avg Speed: 118.9 km/h
Awards: Nil [B Dorey - MoM]
Coaches Comments: Quiet game from Nick, hardly noticed with the bat or ball. Didn't get many overs due to the fact his hero Brett Dorey was destroying the Joondalup batting lineup, along with Sean Ervine and Jamie Heath. Not much to comment on, needs more overs, 'nuff said.
Rating: 5/10

Name: BC Cunningham
Club: Melville
Opposition: Scarborough
Venue: Abbett Park
Result: Scarborough 308 & 6/353 drew with Melville 405 & 4/263dec.
1st Innings Batting (6): 77(184)
1st Innings Bowling (4): 20.1-8-47-4 (inc. K Harvey, B Casson, A Collins)
Avg Speed: 140.7 km/h
2nd Innings Batting (6): 69*(170)
2nd Innings Bowling (4): 17-5-47-1 (inc. K Harvey)
Avg Speed: 146.9 km/h
Coaches Comments: Another great all round performance from Bryce which, along with Hoy's performances, have Greens captain Andrew Garven with a grin from ear to ear. First innings saw him get rid of Scarborough captain Kade Harvey, and fellow CW'er Adam Collins. Clint Heron prepared Abbett Park like a road as usual, Bryce was one of the only bowlers to extract a bit of bounce and movement off the pitch and was well rewarded on a hard games bowling.
Rating: 8/10

Name: NS Hoy
Club: Rockingham-Mandurah
Opposition: Perth
Venue: Settlers Hill
Result: Perth 361 & 0/11 beat Rockingham-Mandurah 166 & 205 by 10 Wickets
1st Innings Batting (5): 25(42)
1st Innings Bowling (2): 28-11-51-5 (inc. L Ronchi, G Nottle)
Avg Speed: 141.6 km/h
2nd Innings Batting (5): 2(10)
2nd Innings Bowling (0): 2.2-0-10-0
Avg Speed: 151.1
Coaches Comments: Seemed to cope with the infamous run-up a little better this game, dismissing Perth wicketkeeper Luke Ronchi and dangerman Garth Nottle for ducks, which is no mean feat. Yet again he carried the RM bowling, with Paul 'blocker' Wilson breaking down again. Will RM win a 4D game this season?
Rating: 7/10

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I wouldn`t say poor, you just didn`t get to do much. Definately not bad stuff. :)

Hoggy31

International Captain
Quite funny that i've actually bowled and played on the Iluka pitch in real life (Made 6* batting at 11:D)

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Better game from me...starting to find the flatest possible approch to the wicket. Hopefully things can continue to improve...

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Nice to be in the wickets.
Going to be a hard time for Joondalup i'm thinking. The batsmen aren't helping us out much.

Nath - it's all about the pace ;) I wouldn't get wickets if I didn't intimidate. Intimidating the umpires, the keeper and slips or the batsmen, I don't care. As long as I either take wickets or hit someone after it hits the pitch hard.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Travis_Teh said:
Nath - it's all about the pace ;) I wouldn't get wickets if I didn't intimidate. Intimidating the umpires, the keeper and slips or the batsmen, I don't care. As long as I either take wickets or hit someone after it hits the pitch hard.
To quote Piper:

MEANIE! :@

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
Reasonably happy with my starts so far, but hopefully I will improve as the tournament progresses. Bryce looks to be in awesome form with bat and ball, got me out as well! :@ I'll have to get back at him with some 105km/h bouncers...:mellow:

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Travis_Teh said:
Nice to be in the wickets.
Going to be a hard time for Joondalup i'm thinking. The batsmen aren't helping us out much.
Wait till you play the mob i'm with....

Travis_Teh said:
True...but your chances are better if you land it on the brown stuff and not the green stuff ;)

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
AUST_HiTMaN said:
Coaches Comments: Another great all round performance from Bryce which, along with Hoy's performances, have Greens captain Andrew Garven with a grin from ear to ear.
you got that right :D