• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CWBCC Broadcast Network (Dev League Season XII)

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Awesome win Greens. Good job overall by both our batsmen and bowlers. Nice to see the rookies perform.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Awesome ! well done greens! who said we didnt have a chance ! onya! well done Greens v. good win !

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricket Web Green won by 91 runs.
This game saw many terrific performances - Sajith's day one hundred, Scott and Bharanidharan got debut half-centuries, Harry Warwick and Mike Wilson batted crucially in the Black first innings. The second innings then saw more heroes emerge. Callum Thomposon and Dave Richards bowled their team back into the game, but it is Matt Mitchell for his fantastic 6-wicket haul who takes the Man of the Match award today.

I must say, I quite enjoyed doing the live sim this way. Seemed less stressful and much more efficient. Perhaps from now on it will be done this way with the crowd chatter on MSN or something of the sort.

From the look of the bottom of the screen, it seemed to keep high ratings throughout.

What are the general thoughts?

Loony BoB

International Captain
I like it this way because it means that when I'm at work, I can still keep up - and I'm working from home less often these days so I probably would miss out on most live sims done on MSN that aren't on a weekend.

Having said that, I must admit when I am home I do enjoy the MSN sims as it allows bowling orders etc. to be given out actively as well as having more information being fed through rather than just when a wicket falls.

I'm happy either way.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Very interesting. Seems a good enough idea. Could try it out a few more times to see how it goes.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It could work with MSN interactivity between captains and myself and the scorecard updates as it did today. It may make the OD sims in particular more interesting and easier to follow. I could even do ball by ball commentary for the last 10 overs of each OD innings.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Liam's post count will skyrocket :p

i had stuff to do last night but it seems to work quite well - from what im hearing its much easier to follow than the msn conversations too

Loony BoB

International Captain
I think the main downside of it all, which could be corrected by Liam somehow when he posts, maybe, is the lack of suspense involved. We don't know if a partnership is building or if there's a run-out or lbw decision or a possible catch about to be made, so we're not holding our breath - we're just refreshing the page a lot and waiting for the next wicket to go down. More of a cricinfo style thing than a "live game" style thing.

Dydl

International Debutant
Is there going to be a live sim for the Black vs Blue match?

Last edited: