• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW U19 Players

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Reckon Perm would do alright, as much as I find him irritating. Seems to live on here.
Thanks (Y).

But yeah, can't do it this season. Will see how things go though, could possibly take up the role next season if nobody has any objections.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Would just like to say a big thanks to Trav for his time in the U-19 selection panel as in my experience, he was great in the job. Good to see the maturity in stepping down after the next series, too. :up:

As for a replacement, I'd give my backing to Jamee for a one year stint with Perm following up. Rai would also be good, he's always chatting to me about Colts things so if he'd be interested I'm confident he'd do a good job.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
If we are throwing in names I say guys like Kev, Manju, Kears, Nath and Gelman would be good options if interested. Plenty of options to choose from IMO.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Hate to speak on another persons part, but as far as I'm informed, Gelman isn't interested in any prominent positions in CW Cricket. He claims to spend too much time here as it is :ph34r:

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
sorry for my involvment over the next 2 weeks guys but i am off to qld camping so will be back 2nd feb see you all then hooroooo

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Yeh think Perm can do a good job, but for time being Dwyer or Jamee can do the job for the time being i reckon.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
WTF? Why should Trav stand down? It's obvious he's the best candidate and he's done a fine job. People taking on multiple roles is already common. I'd like to know why people take such issue with this particular situation?

Loony BoB

International Captain
I think anyone in a dual role should step down from one of them, personally. I really do think that we need to encourage as many different people to take on roles as we can in order to further promote involvement and activity in the game. Everyone should have their chance to shine. Trav has indeed done a great job but why should we deny someone else the opportunity to be able to do something to make themselves feel like they're actually, well... doing something?

I just don't think dual roles help the place that much. It's not like everyone but the 10-20 people who actually have roles within the CWXI system are stupid and incapable.

For anyone who thinks that I don't practice what I preach, I'm fairly sure I stepped down from the U-19's the moment I was made a PA Rep.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
But it isn't as though there are people jumping at the role. In fact, people are actually knocking back suggestions they could do it. I mean, if there are a few people really interested in assuming the position, then excellent, go ahead. But I don't feel that's the case ATM...

Loony BoB

International Captain
Think someone has already put themselves forward. People don't jump at opportunities for roles because the roles are never offered. I'm fairly certain that if the role was offered to the masses then you'd have a lot of people jumping at the opportunity. I know a few players that have expressed their desire to be more involved in the past.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Think someone has already put themselves forward. People don't jump at opportunities for roles because the roles are never offered. I'm fairly certain that if the role was offered to the masses then you'd have a lot of people jumping at the opportunity. I know a few players that have expressed their desire to be more involved in the past.
:naughty:

But seriously, Perm & bugsy have expressed interest but are even less realistic candidates than Trav.

Jamee has offered to do it, but seemingly reluctantly. Why take it away from someone who is clearly keen and proven to give to someone who is only doing it to fill the void?

By all means, if people start clamouring in for a bit of the action, then let it go to someone else. But as it stands, surely there is no reasonable case to remove Trav.

Loony BoB

International Captain
By that logic, someone should be on the CWBCC, be CWXI captain, be a Dev League captain, be coach, be PA Rep, be on the U-19's selection panel, run the stats and the charity games, etc. etc. - but no, you don't just take the best person and say "Well, he can do two jobs". If we never gave Trav a chance, we wouldn't know how capable he is. Likewise, if we never give bugs or Perm a chance, we'll never know how capable they are. It's about giving people chances, it's about "promotions" rather than additional jobs, it's about encouraging more people to remain active, it's about giving people a purpose in the dev league aside from posting every now and then to say "good job team" or ":(".

How about we actively look for someone new before we decide that nobody new wants the job? Right now most people won't be looking at this thread or know how to apply or anything. It's been very unofficial so far. I think the logical thing to do would be to get the existing U-19 panel to advertise the position in an effective way so that all players know of the available position, and then review the candidates.

Last edited:

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
By that logic, someone should be on the CWBCC, be CWXI captain, be a Dev League captain, be coach, be PA Rep, be on the U-19's selection panel, run the stats and the charity games, etc. etc. - but no, you don't just take the best person and say "Well, he can do two jobs". If we never gave Trav a chance, we wouldn't know how capable he is. Likewise, if we never give bugs or Perm a chance, we'll never know how capable they are. It's about giving people chances, it's about "promotions" rather than additional jobs, it's about encouraging more people to remain active, it's about giving people a purpose in the dev league aside from posting every now and then to say "good job team" or ":(".
But that's ridiculous. You would obviously draw the line at some point when it comes to multiple roles.

On the bugs & Perm point, I agree. But they're ineligible this season ;)

Loony BoB

International Captain
I know of other people who I'm fairly certain would be interested if the job was officially made available.

EDIT: On a sidenote, isn't Jack on the panel? I'd also suggest that he, now being a PA Rep, may want to consider his position should more than one eligible person be interested. I don't think anyone should take on more than one role out of...

CWBCC (2 people)
CWXI Captain (1 person)
CW Dev League Captain (5 people)
CW U-19 Panel (3 people, including national coach)
PA Rep (1 person)

...for the sake of having 12 people who are actively involved in the CWXI system. If we don't have 12 people capable of such positions then we should probably be a bit worried about how lacking we are. But I know the likes of Thomas, Hancock and Rai would do wonderfully in an official role. I'm also sure that the likes of yourself, Rob, would do wonderfully if you were willing.

Last edited:

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I know of other people who I'm fairly certain would be interested if the job was officially made available.
I think I know what this is about, but I just want to know for sure...

Why is it that you hate Trav so much? :(

But seriously, if Trav actually stepping down and there being a vacancy needing to be filled isn't invitation enough to declare interest, then I don't know what is :confused: The last few pages should be enough to suggest that the CWBCC is looking for someone... so if anyone is interested... go ahead and let us know you want it.

Loony BoB

International Captain
If I have to advertise the position then I'll do it. I just don't want to take on a role that is rightfully the CW U-19 panel's (if not the CWBCC's) without their permission.

And Trav never invited me to his birthday party, so I think I'm completely justified in any possible hatred I might have for him. Hurts to this day...

Oh, edited my previous post while you were posting, by the way. I just thought I'd add even more controversy ;)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Ahh Dan wants his spot back.

Anyway is there a chance that we can get this sorted before the start of Under 19 WC, so whoever the other guys are can help scout teams. So we can do accurate ratings/averages for our Youth World Cup. Starts mid way through next month.

I know I have no say who gets the role. But I think it would be good if guys who are actually intereted state they are. Rather then people just throwing up names. I know thats basically what happens when the intial three were selected.