• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW decides the 32 best test* opening batsmen of all time - The countdown thread!

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Always has been and will be one of my favourite batsmen of all time. Never averaged below 60 his entire career, amazingly consistent.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
so the final 3 batsmen i've already done writeups for in the top 25 batsman countdown thread from a few years ago, and ive been debating whether to do new ones or just copy and paste them. ..i will come to a decision soon

bagapath

International Captain
so the final 3 batsmen i've already done writeups for in the top 25 batsman countdown thread from a few years ago, and ive been debating whether to do new ones or just copy and paste them. ..i will come to a decision soon
still thinking, eh?

a massive zebra

International Captain
The write ups are generally of very high quality, but if you ask me we shouldn't have to wait 8 whole months for a 32 man countdown. These persistent long breaks eliminate any sense of anticipation and excitement that the countdown would have generated if mr_mister had kept to a regular schedule. If he cannot be bothered to do any more work, mr_mister could simply copy and paste the write ups he already wrote for these players in other countdowns.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I understand that but like any voluntary thing, we gotta let him do it at his own pace. Mr Mr loves his write ups and his own takes of history so let him do it the way he likes. :)