• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Battrick Cup

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, pretty cheeky.

Totally lead me off track to something that your heavily involved in:p

Anyways, how tough is this Battrick League? Is it mainly competitors with loads of experience?
There is a decent mix between experienced guys, middle of the range and newbies.

Hooper

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Sounds pretty good. Hopefully a better competition then Planet Cricket's Championship.....

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Sounds pretty good. Hopefully a better competition then Planet Cricket's Championship.....
I can guarentee that :p

Big semi-final tomorrow morning, Jaffna Jets vs Jamees 999ers, we're going in at full strength, and we're just going to try and flatten the Jets in our assualt on the final, just going to batter them with Bardle and Kealey..

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Big semi-final tomorrow morning, Jaffna Jets vs Jamees 999ers, we're going in at full strength, and we're just going to try and flatten the Jets in our assualt on the final, just going to batter them with Bardle and Kealey..
If anyone wants a preview to tomorrow semi this match looks like a good indicator. Just replace Drench with Lucas, Keane with Clayton and Holloway with Jeithoon. :laugh:

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Jamees 999ers Team News

1 change from last week's victory, as Jlloyd Ndah drops out, and Andrew Lea replaces him. Lea will bat at 7, with wicket-keeper Dirk Wanless at 8.

1. Zesh Snodin
  2. Marvin Warnock*
  3. Dwight Kealey
  4. Maurice Aldred
  5. Gene Todd
  6. Geoff Fillery
  7. Andrew Lea
  8. Dirk Wanless+
  9. Gareth Bardle
  10. Anthony Fitzpatrick
  11. Daniel Laws

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Still no news yet from the Jaffna Jets headquarters which two players from their 13 man squad will be left out of the semi final. Talk around the club is that their two proficient backup players could make a late run into the starting line up, with combat the 999ers, which is heavy stacked proficient players and below.

Squad: Jason Quintin (c), Eddie Allison, Doug Clayton (wk), Hamid Ellis, Dave Evans, Philip Granville, Prsanna Jeithoon, Jake Lucas, Vince Matharu, Sasrutha Muralitharan, Hasar Obeysekera, Mukesh Sishayi (vc)

Last edited:

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah it was more a reference to how I think those weightings are not ideal because more weight on the middle order when my (crap) lot don't get in very much because my top order knock them off.
Haha, it is a bit weird. On GFI both times, first time with Gray & Bhutia in the top order, Mcmillan in the middle, I get exceptional top/strong middle, and second time, moving Bhutia into the middle, I get quality top/remarkable middle. Much more flattering ;)

You've opened a bigger gap between our teams in past couple of yrs! Would probably take my bowling attack against yours with my opposition but your batting is coming on pretty well.
Haha, perhaps. Though just glancing at your side now, it isn't too shabby at all. Happy to see your bowling is looking quite gun - sort that batting out though :D Although, I would probably take my bowling if truth be told... haha. And what's this rubbish about "my opposition"? :D Like who? These guys?:

Devils in Disguise
Top Order: feeble
Middle Order: mediocre
Lower Order: worthless
Seam Bowling: feeble
Spin Bowling: competent
Fielding: woeful

INDIA_ROCKS
Top Order: respectable
Middle Order: feeble
Seam Bowling: woeful
Spin Bowling: worthless
Fielding: abysmal

Men in Blue
Top Order: superb
Middle Order: feeble
Lower Order: abysmal
Seam Bowling: mediocre
Spin Bowling: woeful
Fielding: woeful

Bombay Blues
Top Order: proficient
Middle Order: competent
Seam Bowling: strong
Spin Bowling: useless
Fielding: feeble

Bangalore Bechappas
Top Order: quality
Middle Order: mediocre
Seam Bowling: respectable
Spin Bowling: strong

The last one is getting better, but in a Div II? :wacko: The other two sides look decent though. Oh, here's my competition for you!

Panagon CC
Middle Order: proficient
Seam Bowling: sensational
Spin Bowling: respectable
Fielding: mediocre

Green Beans (these ratings are without his Aus U19 bowler)
Top Order: superb
Seam Bowling: strong
Spin Bowling: competent

Nomad Warriors
Seam Bowling: remarkable
Spin Bowling: sensational
Fielding: mediocre

A bit off-topic, but how about a friendly before next season?

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Code:
End of Over 20: 78-4, runrate=3.90 
Kealey 10-1-55-1 
Ellis* 11 (32 balls) 
Muralitharan 1 (1 balls)

Last Wicket: Obeysekera c. Snodin b. Kealey 4 (FOW: 76/4)
Lost a couple more wickets then I like, but I got two main batsmen in. So hopefully we really up the tempo now Kealey and Bardler (3/20) are finished.