• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Battrick Cup

trevor_vayro

U19 Vice-Captain
Well Done Tharmi, and best of luck for the rest of the competition. I thought Lukus's marathon innings had stuffed it up for you, but in the end it was Greening who dragged his feet too long. We should have only had 20 or 30 left to chase in the last ten, but once we allowed Jethoon to re-enter the equation then there was only going to be one winner.

The Gurs will win this competition one day…My money is on the season after next.

At the moment it's hard to see past Scaly, but Tharmi will give him a game in the final unless Scaly takes it proper serious.

Bobisback

International Regular
Well Done Tharmi, and best of luck for the rest of the competition. I thought Lukus's marathon innings had stuffed it up for you, but in the end it was Greening who dragged his feet too long. We should have only had 20 or 30 left to chase in the last ten, but once we allowed Jethoon to re-enter the equation then there was only going to be one winner.

The Gurs will win this competition one day…My money is on the season after next.

At the moment it's hard to see past Scaly, but Tharmi will give him a game in the final unless Scaly takes it proper serious.
Im fairly sure Scaly has played full strength every game of the CW cup. Dont see anyone beating him. I reckon Bardle and Kealey might knock Tharmi over if conditions suit.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member

Oi!

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member

Oi!

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
I want to join CW battrick now. Is there a way I can get my team play with you guys

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
I want to join CW battrick now. Is there a way I can get my team play with you guys
Mmmmm, fresh blood... :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Basically, go to www.battrick.org and sign yourself up for a team. It's independent of CW, and free. You can choose a country -- most popular are England and Aus, but I'm guessing you might fancy a bit of NZ action! Choose CAREFULLY, as you cannot change once you've made your decision.

Once you've got a team, you'll be able to play friendlies against us lot, partake in the banter, tell Jamee how rubbish he is, swear at Canning, etc. Next season, you'll be able to enter the CW BT Cup, although you'll most probably go out in the first round.

There's a Newbie Guide thread floating around on this forum. DEFINITELY read it before you start playing the game properly.

Good luck!

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator

Basically, go to www.battrick.org and sign yourself up for a team. It's independent of CW, and free. You can choose a country -- most popular are England and Aus, but I'm guessing you might fancy a bit of NZ action! Choose CAREFULLY, as you cannot change once you've made your decision.

Once you've got a team, you'll be able to play friendlies against us lot, partake in the banter, tell Jamee how rubbish he is, swear at Canning, etc. Next season, you'll be able to enter the CW BT Cup, although you'll most probably go out in the first round.

There's a Newbie Guide thread floating around on this forum. DEFINITELY read it before you start playing the game properly.

Good luck!
He has a team already itbt.

Raghav: Next season. Look around for a sign-up thread next week or so, I'm planning to host the next cup as well and have it run all season.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain

Good luck!
THanks for the info. I think I didnot put my question proper. I already have a team with Battrick since last two months. But all I want is to play in your CW Battrick league

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Doh!

Long day, and it shows. I managed to get Day Of The Tentacle* running on my phone yesterday evening...it was 3am by the time I looked up again.

* Old school adventure game. Awesome.

8am start at the office tomorrow -- given that I usually get up at 9am and roll in for 10am, this is going to be one hell of a struggle :(

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Nah, the idea is that you get seeded depending on how far you get in the cup.
What if you get a ****ed up draw and draw a D1 side early one, like I have for the last ****ing four seasons. Seedings should always been based on past cup performances IMO, i.e teams that make SF should get seeded.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I always thought a seeding system should be based on how good teams actually are, as opposed to previous standings and so on. Batstat rankings, or even the discretion of a small group of suitable people, should decide seedings IMO.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In agreeance with 'tinho here. Oh, and remind me, how do batstat rankings work again? Top order rating x 3, middle order x 4 etc.? Or is there new & improved ranking system?