• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for 22-29 April

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
pasag said:
Thought Prince was closing in on the Bradman this week tbh.
Thanks for that. I think they introduced a rule to stop people winning it two weeks in a row at one stage anyway though (or that might have just been the Agarkar/Mohammed). I'd also have no objection at all to you giving out/helping with awards, for the record.

pup11 said:
Princey has been in surerb form for some time and deserves all the accolades he is getting.
Again, thanks pup. :)

Congrats to all the other winners. Also, a big "sucko" to Archie who said I wouldn't get an award this week because of my awad-spotting. :p Nah, just joking - you do a great job Archie, keep it up.

archie mac

International Coach
Congrats to all the other winners. Also, a big "sucko" to Archie who said I wouldn't get an award this week because of my awad-spotting. :p Nah, just joking - you do a great job Archie, keep it up.

Thanks mate, we don't hold grudges on the award team, well done this week:)

archie mac

International Coach
In sad news Marc has retired from the awards team:-O

I would like to thank Marc for all of his efforts, he came up with most of the ideas for awards and spent many an hour searching through threads and posts.

I will have a think about how to restructure the awards team

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
In sad news Marc has retired from the awards team:-O

I would like to thank Marc for all of his efforts, he came up with most of the ideas for awards and spent many an hour searching through threads and posts.

I will have a think about how to restructure the awards team
As I say - quite happy to step up if you are happy with that.

Gelman would be a first-rate addition to the team, too - I think that's been mentioned before, can't see anyone objecting and if they did I'd want to know WTF TBH. Rob Cribb too - if just to make it easier because then we won't have to worry about giving him too many of them.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I think they introduced a rule to stop people winning it two weeks in a row at one stage anyway though (or that might have just been the Agarkar/Mohammed).
To my knowledge, it's just for the Agarkar\Mohammed. Though I personally try not to give any award with overstated regularity.

archie mac

International Coach
As I say - quite happy to step up if you are happy with that.

Gelman would be a first-rate addition to the team, too - I think that's been mentioned before. Rob Cribb too - if just to make it easier because then we won't have to worry about giving him too many of them.
Will let you know in the next couple of days mate:)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No, just thinking if I want to keep putting the award together or let you take over:)
Cripes, not sure that'd be a good idea, TBH. Not just because I'd feel hellish nervous about taking the reins of the whole operation, but because you're generally held in higher esteem than I am and I think most would be happier at you continuing to head the operation.