• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW awards for 10-17 June

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Haha, you can't call it "work" if it's only an hour, Rich :p
I bloody well intend on being paid for it, and there was quite a bit of stuff needs to be done that only I of those available knows how to do.

Have to do 6-10 at my normal shop later today, TBH. :dry:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah of course you should be paid for it. In old jobs I did the odd hour or two here or there from time to time tbh. It actually earns you more credit than filling in, say, a six-hour shift, I tend to find

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Yeah of course you should be paid for it. In old jobs I did the odd hour or two here or there from time to time tbh. It actually earns you more credit than filling in, say, a six-hour shift, I tend to find
Indeed. You get the sympathy-act for "ah, thanks for doing that awkward little bit for me". Boss bought me 4 cans of Magners for it. :D

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's a hard life eh Rich?
I hate getting-up any earlier than about 10-10:15 TBH, and that shop's a fair walk away (CBA to drive, though I had to today as it was hammering it down) so I have to get-up at about 9:30. :dry: Bloody annoying, but hours are hours.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I hate getting-up any earlier than about 10-10:15 TBH, and that shop's a fair walk away (CBA to drive, though I had to today as it was hammering it down) so I have to get-up at about 9:30. :dry: Bloody annoying, but hours are hours.
I long for the days when i used to moan about getting up at 9.30 :)

The hospitality industry is a good one to be in in that way

Nishant

International 12th Man
you lazy boy! :laugh:

Fiery

Banned
Try having to get up at 5.30 to beat the traffic. If I leave before 6am from Whangaparaoa I'm ****ed on the motorway. I then prefer to work till after 6.30pm to avoid it. Claim heaps of overtime though, and I'm the boss so can surf CW as much as I like! :cool:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I took on 7am starts so I could finish at 4. I always get a seat on the train, see more of the kids and have longer evenings, but getting up at 5 is a kilelr.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
It still is Nishant. :). Trust me, I did it for most of the recently completed Ashes series. Didn't quite get through a full day's play.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, too true, it didn't seem as hard getting up early during the Ashes. Might have to get Sky Sports again to motivate me into getting up in the winter. Can't beat a bit of KP hitting Murali all over Sri Lanka before work :D

Nishant

International 12th Man
It still is Nishant. :). Trust me, I did it for most of the recently completed Ashes series. Didn't quite get through a full day's play.
quite true TBH....although when i get up for cricket, im never really up...more like a zombie starring at the tv and if its really boring..i just go to sleep on the couch. But, it still recks your day.
i think what i was trying to say is that getting up at 5 for the cricket is something we are more likely to do!

Fiery

Banned
quite true TBH....although when i get up for cricket, im never really up...more like a zombie starring at the tv and if its really boring..i just go to sleep on the couch. But, it still recks your day.
i think what i was trying to say is that getting up at 5 for the cricket is something we are more likely to do!
You need some more energy bro. It should never be a chore to get up and watch cricket