• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Current all-format XI

Ali TT

International Debutant
Scraping the barrel if Mayers is in the side. Bavuma would be my pick over him.

Nortje and Starc would be picks for me and Root over Smith.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I briefly thought about Mitchell over Stokes. When I saw you had the last post in here I expected it to be about Mitchell.

You never miss.
I meant Mitchell Santner. He dominated Plunket Shield this summer and Plunket > tests.
(joke)

Last edited:

halba

International 12th Man
Scraping the barrel if Mayers is in the side. Bavuma would be my pick over him.

Nortje and Starc would be picks for me and Root over Smith.
Nortje is expensive in T20. Starc Is poor in tests overseas. Rabada over both surely.

halba

International 12th Man
I suppose Boult would play all three formats if he still had a central contract. I would say Shaheen Shah Afridi is the next best all format fast bowler.
Yep. Afridi. Note Afridi is now an all rounder after improving his batting significantly, probably inspired by his dad in law Afridi
Really good cricketer.

halba

International 12th Man
Could you take jos buttler as keeper? His test batting numbers aren't that attrocious, was england's 3rd best bat bar root and stokes when he played and is easily the best white ball bat in the world.
Bairstow if he's fit over buttler. Buttler is rank in tests.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Tom Latham has played the last game in every format for NZ. Could bat 5 and take the gloves :ph34r:

halba

International 12th Man
Current xi if picked next week . Injury= you get left out

Wicket is even pace and spin - regular cricket wicket. I left out Rohit poor form in white ball. gill has hit hundreds in tests and Odis in the past 40 days. I hear rabada injured so he's left out, his countryman nortje is in.

1.Gill
2. Conway
3. Babar Azam
4. Virat kohli
5 bairstow (wk)
6. Kyle Mayers (all rounder)
7. Jadeja
8.Rashid khan - only 5 tests but not his fault.
9. Shaheen shah Afridi
10. Anrich nortje
11. Boult ( if allowed to be selected, NZ central contract)- he's fit

This is an excellent team. It bats up to no9 in Afridi who is a new all rounder. Gill at top can blast some huge scores on flatbeds
It also has two left arm swingers in Boult and Afridi. One express fast in Nortje. Two quality spinners in Jadeja and Rashid khan who is the greatest T20 Bowler ever and has good stats early in test career. The left arm spin and leg spinner will complement each other well.

Last edited:

Red_Ink_Squid

Cricketer Of The Year
He's also injured
Good news: Woakes isn't injured. Fresh from collecting his T20I World Cup winner's medal over the winter to add to his ODI WC winner's medal, he's expected to play in the CC this week. Naturally his next aim will be to bowl England to Ashes victory this summer like he did last time the Aussies visited.

Archer6K

U19 12th Man
Good news: Woakes isn't injured. Fresh from collecting his T20I World Cup winner's medal over the winter to add to his ODI WC winner's medal, he's expected to play in the CC this week. Naturally his next aim will be to bowl England to Ashes victory this summer like he did last time the Aussies visited.
The series England won 2-2?

Ali TT

International Debutant
What's with the Kyle Mayer's hype? He's no international limited over all-rounder and his test record as a bat against anyone other than Bangladesh would make Jimmy Anderson blush.

He smacks some runs in an IPL game and everyone thinks he's the second coming of Sikander Raza.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I suppose Boult would play all three formats if he still had a central contract. I would say Shaheen Shah Afridi is the next best all format fast bowler.
Yes, clearly Shaheen over Boult. We can consider Boult as almost retired now and hence, he is not current.