• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Crunch time...

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
marc71178 said:
IMO floodlit games in England are still not the best idea owing to the twlight.
Exactly what I was trying to say - not enough time of darkness to merit use of floodlights in most of the cricket season. Fortunately the waste-of-time Challenge has been scheduled for late August.

LankanPrince

School Boy/Girl Captain
marc71178 said:
Asoka's in the middle?
Man! does this forum have anything personal against Asoka de Silva. It seems to be the case. Don't pick out individuals and criticise them like this. In your opinion he may be awful. Fine. But the ways some of you talk on this forum creates an anti-Sri Lanka vibe. Please make your posts more balanced, I would never pick out a specific person and constantly ridicule him like this. It is not fair.:!(

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
LankanPrince said:
Man! does this forum have anything personal against Asoka de Silva. It seems to be the case. Don't pick out individuals and criticise them like this. In your opinion he may be awful. Fine. But the ways some of you talk on this forum creates an anti-Sri Lanka vibe. Please make your posts more balanced, I would never pick out a specific person and constantly ridicule him like this. It is not fair.:!(
As Neil said, it's a joke. Don't take it too personally. That said, he has made some of the worst decisions I have ever seen recently.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Batting first, your team (Team B) scores 500 all out against Australia, taking two days exactlty to compile. With a series of overconfident shots and poor umpiring decisions, Australia are dismissed by tea on Day 3 for 290 runs. You have the option of enforcing the follow on.

What do you do?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
No brainer to me, put them back in - a full session to bowl at them and their speed of scoring means there's a lot of time left to bowl them a second time, and chase down!

Mr Mxyzptlk

AUSTRALIA

Hayden
Langer
Ponting
Lehmann
S.Waugh
Martyn
Gilchrist
Lee
Gillespie
MacGill
McGrath

TEAM B
#1 - 41
#2 - 29 bat/45 bowl (OS)
#3 - 37
#4 - 31
#5 - 34/35 (OS)
#6 - 29/30 (RM)
#7 - 24
#8 - 19/31 (LS)
#9 - 14/28 (RFM)
#10 - 12/25 (RFM)
#11 - Neil Pickup :D (LS)

WEATHER
Clear skies for the next 2 days.

PITCH
Not much for the bowlers; getting progressively slower.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Stick em back in. I can't see you winning it otherwise as it seems an easy one to shut up shop on.

What were my first innings figures?

Mr Mxyzptlk

1(McGrath)/97 off 16 overs.

I could easily see Australia racking up 460-480 runs by the end of day 4 and then Team B facing a tough final day in deteriorating conditions...

Last edited:

Bazza

International 12th Man
Or you could bat yourselves and set them 450ish in a day and a half. They won't resist trying for it and your best chance of bowling them out is when they are trying to attack.

Nothing wrong with 1/97 off 16 overs, even if it is McGrath. If I got that in my lifetime I'd leave a happy man :D

It may not be test standard, but it's better than what I would do now!

Cloete

International Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:

TEAM B
#1 - 41
#2 - 29 bat/45 bowl (OS)
#3 - 37
#4 - 31
#5 - 34/35 (OS)
#6 - 29/30 (RM)
#7 - 24
#8 - 19/31 (LS)
#9 - 14/28 (RFM)
#10 - 12/25 (RFM)
#11 - Neil Pickup :D (LS)
no cloete batting @ 4 with an average of 55 'eh? :D

Mr Mxyzptlk

furious_ged said:
Nothing wrong with 1/97 off 16 overs, even if it is McGrath. If I got that in my lifetime I'd leave a happy man :D

It may not be test standard, but it's better than what I would do now!
I was referring to Neil's bowling figures - 1/97, the wicket he took was McGrath's.