• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cronjegate or Hairgate? Which is biggest?

Which scandal was bigger?

• Total voters

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
_TiGeR-ToWn_ said:
Cronje without doubt. Hair was an idiot but the whole saga has been dramatised by the Pakistan team, the sub-continent supporters and the ICC.
Hair IS an idiot, and thae latest development prooves that, unfortunately an idiot has the backing of his host nation.

Dramatization of the event was necessary to expose the idiot.

_TiGeR-ToWn_

U19 Debutant
IndianByHeart said:
Hair IS an idiot, and thae latest development prooves that, unfortunately an idiot has the backing of his host nation.

Dramatization of the event was necessary to expose the idiot.
Its not just Australians that back him up, but your from the sub-continent where you have all taken this way out of context. It was never a racial slur on Pakistan as a whole, he saw damage to the ball that was unnatural and duely dealt with it in the appropiate way. But its been discussed so many times no need to continue. If I thought he had done something inappropate I would not be backing him up.

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
_TiGeR-ToWn_ said:
Its not just Australians that back him up, but your from the sub-continent where you have all taken this way out of context. It was never a racial slur on Pakistan as a whole, he saw damage to the ball that was unnatural and duely dealt with it in the appropiate way. But its been discussed so many times no need to continue. If I thought he had done something inappropate I would not be backing him up.
Or maybe its more like , You are from Australia and as such you aren't willing to accept that he did something totally inappropriate. Ppl have backed Hair from outside Australia too but majority of ppl thoughout the world have slammed Hair. Naseer Hussian,Boycott, Atherton, Bird, Gower, Gatting, Botham etc have all slammed Hair for his misconduct.Whether Hair is a racist or a ****** is not relevant now, he's simply incompetent, biased and pig-headed fellow, the sooner the world get rid of the bafoon the better.

Craig

World Traveller
Cronje.

I still wonder why he risked everything to become greedy and do this? I guess we will never know now after what happened 4 years ago.

I thing after this is why Boje and Gibbs could not be given guarentees is something I will do not understand. I'm sure they were willing to tour, but like anybody they weren't going to go anywhere if they ran the risk of being arrested.