• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketweb poster with the best understanding of the game

Langeveldt

Soutie
I think I have potential.. but I don't post much in here because I am so fed up with the state of the game, and would rather play cricket than talk about it. And I have absolutely ashamed myself with my stuff on Muralitharan.. I still hate him though. My opinions of Harmison and Flintoff backfired on me magnificently, but at least I can admit defeat on that, unlike some people.. Robbie P is still proving me right though!!

Neil, Marc, Top_cat and Liam have impressed me on the knowledge front.. And Kim on the ability front :@

ReallyCrazy

Banned
Langeveldt said:
I think I have potential.. but I don't post much in here because I am so fed up with the state of the game, and would rather play cricket than talk about it. And I have absolutely ashamed myself with my stuff on Muralitharan.. I still hate him though. My opinions of Harmison and Flintoff backfired on me magnificently, but at least I can admit defeat on that, unlike some people.. Robbie P is still proving me right though!!

Neil, Marc, Top_cat and Liam have impressed me on the knowledge front.. And Kim on the ability front :@

it takes a very brave person to admit they were wrong. awesome langvelt! you are cool :cool:

Langeveldt

Soutie
ReallyCrazy said:
it takes a very brave person to admit they were wrong. awesome langvelt! you are cool :cool:
Don't lay it on too thick.. I don't appreciate it when people go "missing" when they are proved wrong, or stick to their point until they are made to look stupid by everyone.. Admitting defeat isn't the worst thing ever, but hindsight is one of the best..

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Langeveldt said:
Don't lay it on too thick.. I don't appreciate it when people go "missing" when they are proved wrong, or stick to their point until they are made to look stupid by everyone.. Admitting defeat isn't the worst thing ever, but hindsight is one of the best..
Langeveldt gets lots of practice.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
My opinions of Harmison and Flintoff backfired on me magnificently, but at least I can admit defeat on that, unlike some people..
Let's wait and see just that bit longer whether or not I have been right not to change my opinions on them.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
I've gone missing several times, for several reasons, none of which include shame at being proved wrong.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Personally I think there are lots and lots of posters on here with an equally outstanding understanding of the game:
Corey (Top_Cat), Neil, Rich2001, marc71178, Liam (Mr Mxzyptlk), Rich (Langeveldt), myself, Slow Love™, SJS, le (on the rare occasion he posts something not in jest), Anil (on the rare occasion he posts something), Vish, Sangrah, tooextracool, Kyle (Mister Wright), Sudeep, wpdavid... the fact that I have not mentioned anyone does not make them not worthy of mention, I just don't want to go on forever. Andre of course does, but he barely seems to be posting a thing ATM. Certainly I can recall him saying one thing directly to me - that Michael Vandort is an opener. All of James' posts in my time here have been in a moderator's role, a real shame judging by what I've read in the more reticent parts of the forum.
It's like the Warne-Murali thing - I don't see why it's not something that, once you get to a certain level, there is little to separate.

Slow Love™

International Captain
I would have mentioned all the cricketweb staff, but that would be too obvious. And in spite of Richard's crazy theories and tooextracool's relelentless pedantry, they clearly know a fair bit about the game.

Haha, you guys that mentioned me have to be kidding, you're too kind.

A few guys that I haven't interacted with that much, that I think are extremely cluey: Swervy, Kent, garage flower...

And where the hell IS luckyeddie???

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Taking one of his sabbaticals, probably. Same as last time.
Hoefully he's gone to find Devil Ducky's Weekly Column.
We're not too kind, we're just telling it like we see it - you clearly have an excellent understanding of the game, like so many of us.

Richard Rash

U19 Cricketer
The number of people who rate themselves as being 'knowledable' and having the best 'understanding' of cricket is quite laughable.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I like SJS's posts. Actually, I like most of the people's posts around here, as long as they stick to cricket and don't go to "I hate X" sort of stuff. I mean, even if you don't like X as a cricketer, that doesn't mean you have to "hate" him.