• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lumb had pretty ordinary stats for in all formats for a guy who played as much as he did, and played international cricket, which is surprising because I seem to recall him looking decent in the BigBash

Disappointing to see him forced out though

TheJediBrah

Tried it again later in the innings (might have been to McGrath) and got sconned as you would expect

provided some good entertainment but it wasn't the smartest tactic tstl

Howe_zat

Audio File
Always a shame to see a player have to retire sue to injury. In this case, Michael Lumb.

Lumb forced into immediate retirement | cricket.com.au
One of 12 cricketers to have ever a won a world tournament for England.

I don't think he ever went more than a few games without someone trying to find a replacement at the top of the order, but he just kept on being so damn effective in the shortest format that there was no sense to it.

Favourite memory of Lumb is the time him and Alex Hales chased down 140 in 12 overs to beat NZ away.

Victor Ian

International Coach
Positivity! I hate this word. Even the browsers spellcheck hates it and underlines it in red. I have no recollection of it in my youth.

What did they used to use in place of 'positivity' (urgh - vomit in my mouth)?

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Woah, has anyone else found cricinfo's new 'mobile friendly' site. It's even more content-free and impossible to navigate than the previous edition and still doesn't load properly on any of my mobile devices like their previous mobile-specific site. And it looks like ****

Half the links have disappeared from the top bar menus. You can't even access the match archive from there any more.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Woah, has anyone else found cricinfo's new 'mobile friendly' site. It's even more content-free and impossible to navigate than the previous edition and still doesn't load properly on any of my mobile devices like their previous mobile-specific site. And it looks like ****

Half the links have disappeared from the top bar menus. You can't even access the match archive from there any more.
Their apps suck donkey balls.

cnerd123

likes this
I've quit using cricinfo's app or mobile site. Cricbuzz for mobile, cricinfo's for player profiles, statsguru, and ball by ball commentary

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Eh, the whole site's been on the downslide since their previous change of format but the bottom's really dropped out this time.

I've just found out to my great displeasure that the links from the match archive to all the pre-2003 seasons are broken. That better be rectified or the site will have lost its main utility to me.

Daemon

Not too many bad things to say about the website, articles and commentary (though the latter can be dire at times), but the app is ****ing terrible.

SillyCowCorner1

Cricinfo mobile is absolute worst. Takes forever to load of high-speed wifi.

Their articles always start with a freaking video. Hey, Cricinfo, if I wanted to watch a video...I would turn to freaking Youtube. I wanna read your articles for god's sake!

vcs

Both content and design have absolutely hit rock-bottom on cricinfo. Used to be a time when I used to love reading all their articles after the end of a day's play in a Test.

The design has been **** for a while (many of the menus never used to appear unless you maximise the browser, WTF???), and it's too early to comment on this new re-design, but it doesn't look too good.

Agar

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Cricinfo mobile is absolute worst. Takes forever to load of high-speed wifi.

Their articles always start with a freaking video. Hey, Cricinfo, if I wanted to watch a video...I would turn to freaking Youtube. I wanna read your articles for god's sake!
Has anyone already mentioned how their videos almost always tend to have a misleading thumbnail of a player in action, but when you actually click play it turns out to be a droopy eyed dude with a whiny voice in a studio speaking into a cheap microphone that captures all the echoes?