• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wouldn’t the bigger boards be opposed to the Olympics because they probably would make more scheduling tours even considering government funding.

Victor Ian

International Coach
So, I guess by the logic of bowlers aren't fielders, the keeper isn't either. Having another role doesn't preclude you from fielding the ball. Just think back to Bancroft in SA. He was still a fielder.

cnerd123

likes this
Wouldn’t the bigger boards be opposed to the Olympics because they probably would make more scheduling tours even considering government funding.
Idk about this. Outside of the big 3, I think all the full member boards could use the government support that comes with being an Olympic sport. It's not just money and resources, it's a degree of political influence within the sporting community too.

Cricket in the Olympics would be absolutely massive for all Associate countries so I hope it does happen.

cnerd123

likes this
I didn't get Square Third Man, Square Fine Leg and Backward Short Leg either.

I'm pretty sure their placement of Backward Short Leg is wrong. It should just be a short leg behind the square, almost at Leg Slip.

I tried to guess 'Wide Third Man' and 'Wide Fine Leg' but it didn't accept those. They're basically the same as the 'Square' versions.

Apart from those 3 misses + 'Bowler', I also didn't get Fine Third Man and Straight Fine Leg. Ironically enough, I did guess Straight Third Man, and going off the graphic didn't think they had Straight Fine Leg in their list.

I got the whole Cover Point region. Can't believe you missed that. n00b.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I always thought it was funny that Bevans highest ever ODI ton was only 108. I fully understand why mind you, middle order bat in a strong team and only got 6 tons anyway. Wanted to look at some other similar examples

Saleem Malik got 5 ODI tons with a best of 102. Now that's throwing it away after 3 figures

Kallis got 17 tons in ODIs for a best of only 139. One of the few legendary top order bats to not get a 150

TheJediBrah

I always thought it was funny that Bevans highest ever ODI ton was only 108. I fully understand why mind you, middle order bat in a strong team and only got 6 tons anyway. Wanted to look at some other similar examples

Saleem Malik got 5 ODI tons with a best of 102. Now that's throwing it away after 3 figures

Kallis got 17 tons in ODIs for a best of only 139. One of the few legendary top order bats to not get a 150
Bevan did make that 185* against a full-strength Asia XI, which was probably a better attack than you'd face in almost any ODI

vcs

That exhibition game has sort of become glorified like a World Cup final on here. Didn't OS post that Akram was bowling with a tennis ball or something for part of it?

TheJediBrah

That exhibition game has sort of become glorified like a World Cup final on here. Didn't OS post that Akram was bowling with a tennis ball or something for part of it?
lol not sure where you got that from but I've watched extended highlights and it absolutely looked like a proper match. Strong teams too. Well the Asian team was a lot stronger, ROW had a few random hacks in there