• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket stuff that doesn't deserve its own thread

Flem274*

123/5
i can't remember afridi's test bowling at all, but if he was good enough im surprised he was never a fixture given how handy he was at #7 or even #8

similar bowling average to kaneria, albeit far less games

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He was generally a pretty dangerous bowler, and accurate too. Very unlike his batting.

Wouldn't make the team as a bowler of course but enough to be a genuine all-rounder

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Saw on Wisden Instagram that Stuart Broad had the best Strike-rate of anyone for england who scored over 3000 runs, whilst e has descended into number 11 territory, it should be remembered how many of his innings did change the course of matches.

TheJediBrah

Saw on Wisden Instagram that Stuart Broad had the best Strike-rate of anyone for england who scored over 3000 runs, whilst e has descended into number 11 territory, it should be remembered how many of his innings did change the course of matches.
I remember him opening the batting in Melbourne club cricket way back. Didn't make many that day but didn't look out of place at all. He would have only been 17 or 18 at the time

Flem274*

123/5
broads most recent memorable knocks for me have been blockathons, oddly enough. rising above his fear of the ball to dig in.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
There is literally nothing better in cricket than a Broad trolling 30 or 40. Must really sap the will to live out of the opposition.

TheJediBrah

There is literally nothing better in cricket than a Broad trolling 30 or 40. Must really sap the will to live out of the opposition.
Given that you blokes are usually 250 runs behind already it doesn't really bother us much tbh

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
At least 10 of the pakistani squad due to fly to England this weekend have tested positive for covid19. Apparently they haven't even been in the same group together, so certainly points to how widespread covid will be in Pakistan.

Must put the tour in some serious doubt.

Bijed

International Regular
I believe Broad has the most 5fers in a single spell
Yeah, when he took his 6-17 against South Africa in 2015 it was his 7th 1-spell 5fer I think. Not sure he's done it since, his ridiculous wonderspells have kinda dropped away

TheJediBrah

Yeah except there's no way you'd pick Mark over Steve or drop McGrath for Benaud.
Yeah the one he picked is pretty far from the best NSW team of all time

drop Lindwall for a batsman, say Steve Smith and as you mentioned obviously pick Steve Waugh over his brother, and you have a much better team.

Didn't know that Haddin was the best keeper/bat NSW had every come up with either

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah the one he picked is pretty far from the best NSW team of all time

drop Lindwall for a batsman, say Steve Smith and as you mentioned obviously pick Steve Waugh over his brother, and you have a much better team.

Didn't know that Haddin was the best keeper/bat NSW had every come up with either
Most of the great wicket keepers have been Queenslanders over the years. Grout, Tallon and Healy. Though Oldfield in with a shout for the keeping spot.