• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Quiz

cpr

International Coach
Well it shows what 2 seconds of research can prove.

I always thought they were related, never actually checked it out. Still, my Graham Lloyd answer is valid (i think............)

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Here's a quiz question with a minorly interesting piece of trivia.

This picture shows Marsh and Sheahan celebrating winning the Oval Test in 1972. Knott and one of the umpires are in the background, but who is the other man in the picture?

Untitled.jpg

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Ha, he played for Surrey didn't he - so did England rope him in as a sub fielder at his county home ground?
Yes. It was the norm in those days for a young County pro from the host County to act as an emergency fielder. Generally of course they didn't go on to captain another Country in Tests. :band:

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
I note that Bob Willis was a sub in Australia's second innings and it definitely isn't him. I'll go along with @The Sean - it is the right height and hair colour for Barry Wood.