• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket on YouTube

Shri

Mr. Glass
No disagreement by me or other mere mortals about that I'm sure, but I always hear how Tendulkar was one of these rare good- sportsman types above most others, so was surprised after colliding into him with his bat, he didn't seem concerned in the slightest when he went down. That said, when your wicket is in jeopardy, I suppose the real human comes out of most.
Humans are ****s. Shocker.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Lol, well most are, but there really are some rare exceptions in sport, and tbf on Tendullkar, I'd say 90% of cricketers would have been more concerned about potentially losing their wicket than worrying about the guy on the ground.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
If anything Sachin ignoring Akthar makes him even more God-like. After all, all these Gods in various mythologies issued plagues and floods onto humans, or instructed people to kill their own sons, or slaughtered the kings of opposing nations.

Sachin was actually merciful here. A real cruel God would have proceeded to break Shoaib's leg with his bat (as Shoaib himself attempted to do to his own teammate...God what a ****)

Hey do you all remember when Shoaib got genital warts? I bet he shared a team cup after he found out too.

cnerd123

likes this
Nah, a really top sportsman/human would have, but I agree most wouldn't.
Don't see what point you are trying to make here? We took you Sachin comment and ran it for as much humour as we could get from it, now I'm just confused as to why you're banging on and on.

Zinzan

Don't see what point you are trying to make here? We took you Sachin comment and ran it for as much humour as we could get from it, now I'm just confused as to why you're banging on and on.
Haha, you're the one banging on now, this is getting weird. I just made the fairly obvious point that in spite what I've always heard about what an amazingly rare & gracious sportsman Tendulkar is that I was surprised he didn't appear to be concerned when it was a tense moment where his wicket was at stake.

I then went on to say, most cricketers would be the same, but possibly a rare few would have been good enough sports to check on the guy on the floor almost instinctively, regardless of the prospect they might have been run out.

Not sure why that point seems to upset you so much. I'd left it at my last comment, but you decided to keep going with it which is just bizarre.

It's okay, it wasn't an insult, I wasn't calling Sachin a terrible person, let's all calm down and leave it there eh.

SeamUp

International Coach
Roy Pienaar was a top player. Obviously Fotheringham/Whitfield were also Jimmy Cook's opening partners through the rebels series'.

Young skinny blonde Allan Donald getting a bit of tap :laugh:

Mustaches and mullets. Great decade for cricket.

OverratedSanity

Ok that was awesome. Rice's yorkers at the end were superb. First time I've seen an extended video of his bowling.

Hughes and Pienar were loads of fun to watch as well.

Spark

Global Moderator

The shot at about 2:55 is so absurd that it's one of those rare individual shots I still remember absolutely perfectly years later.

OverratedSanity

You're talking about that cover drive off Malinga aren't you?

*checks video *

Yep.

The flicked six the previous ball pretty memorable too.