• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Bats

open365

International Vice-Captain
Well when I get the new bat (Next season) I wont use it in nets I hate it when people use poor quality balls and leave marks and bright red cherries on the bat, well I play a hell of a lot of cricket usual U17's match 1 or 2 times a week depends if there is a cup match, then 2 mens matches wich are both around division 5, so quite a good standard.
If you can afford it, get a good bat then imo, it makes it a lot more fun when mis hits go to the fence.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Had a Slazenger V800 for the past 2-3 years - about 2 pound 6 (good for opening and suits me to have a light bat).
Been a fantastic stick, tbh. Got that great subcontinental bow in it too.

DaViet

Cricket Spectator
i got ripped for my Puma Classic 2000, paid it at Kingsgrove Sports for 250 and got this plank of wood which is light (kay thats a good thing for me) nice curve (another good thing) but as thick as a box of matches!!

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
Take it back then?

Also, did you only notice when you got out of the shop? :dry:

SOrry for all the questions, but have you used it yet? Does it play well?

DaViet

Cricket Spectator
nah haha, i was too stoked, plus its about the player, not the equipment

im a tailender so it donesnt matter what bat i use really

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
BTW man, I saw in another thread that you are an Asian, where abouts are you from. I'm assuming Fairfiled? Bankstown?

gettingbetter

State Vice-Captain
baknstown but moved to around the shire area i play for syd tech
Sellout! :unsure:

Nah, I'm in Bankstown, what local club did you play for, I played for Panania-East-Hills, same club as Mark and Steve Waugh :cool: .

Julian87

State Captain
I still use a Slazenger V1200 Pro from the season before last. Is a good and very light bat (which I need) because of tendonitis I get in my elbow from too much tennis.

DaViet

Cricket Spectator
Sellout! :unsure:

Nah, I'm in Bankstown, what local club did you play for, I played for Panania-East-Hills, same club as Mark and Steve Waugh :cool: .
Heh heh, like I had a choice anyway. I went to St Brendan's Catholic and I didn't really have time for sports! I played at school a lot though :D

I had to move because I somehow made it to syd tech and I really wanted to play for either Ramsgate or St George (Henriques!)...but parents won't let! :(

I remember while in Bankstown, knowing absolutely zilch about cricket (i thought leg spin meant that you turned your leg over...leg break..er..), and i actually TRIED OUT FOR REPS..luckily my school captain at the time named matt stuck for me coz i was surrounded by these really poofy dudes..well one anyway haha

no1_gangsta_786

U19 Cricketer
Found a Grey Nicholls MegaDrive the other day in nearly brand new condition. Don't no if its any good yet but dont really mind as i usually bat 10/11 so dont need a really good bat.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Bought a new cricket bat on Saturday - but it's not knocked in yet so I used my old bat today at training. It came off the bat better today than ever before - always the bloody way.