• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricinfo's Top Five Player Searches...

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Adam Gilchrist - Brett Lee - Rahul Dravid - Darren Gough - Kyle Mills

The first three I get - status as players and/or icons. Goughie you can put down to Strictly Come Dancing... but Kyle Mills?

Any ideas? Anyone fancy a concerted refresh-based effort to get JP McNamara up there?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
The first three I get - status as players and/or icons. Goughie you can put down to Strictly Come Dancing... but Kyle Mills?
I would imagine the citizens of Goatland merely wanted to check the progress of their president.

He's a cult figure in NZ cricket- taking over from Richard De Groen.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Voltman said:
I would imagine the citizens of Goatland merely wanted to check the progress of their president.

He's a cult figure in NZ cricket- taking over from Richard De Groen.
Shame he can't bowl for shii.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I guess in your time away from the forum you haven't been watching any cricket? Mills has actually been one of the improvers in the last six months.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
No, he hasn't, he bowled his usual heap of rubbish in South Africa and, somehow, got away with it relatively.
Mills can't bowl and never has been able to.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Richard said:
No, he hasn't, he bowled his usual heap of rubbish in South Africa and, somehow, got away with it relatively.
He was the best of the NZ bowlers in South Africa, and continued on during the NZ v SL series - he's averaged 26 during the 2005/06 season.

He's still got work to do on his death bowling (or Braces and Fleming could just rule him out as an option) but he's a very effective weapon opening the bowling with Bond.

Blaze

Banned
Richard said:

He is a fine ODI bowler. Did you watch him bowl in South Africa?

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Voltman said:
He was the best of the NZ bowlers in South Africa, and continued on during the NZ v SL series - he's averaged 26 during the 2005/06 season.

He's still got work to do on his death bowling (or Braces and Fleming could just rule him out as an option) but he's a very effective weapon opening the bowling with Bond.
Really? SL means little - they were demoralised, it happens to them sometimes.
To say he was the best of the bowlers in SA is something of a piece of opportunism - he may have got the best figures but he did not bowl well, far from it.
Hopefully soon he might come-up against an opponent who puts him to the sword.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Blaze said:
He is a fine ODI bowler. Did you watch him bowl in South Africa?
Yes, all South African internationals are shown in England.
And I was far from impressed.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
It's a combination of factors.

Some people like South Park, some like pub-style pianists.

Kyle Mills is perhaps a combination of the two - somewhere between Kyle Broflovski and Mrs Mills?

Ah, no - I've got it. It's got a few more key words...

"Is Kyle Mills really a cricketer?"

Langeveldt

Soutie
When NZ came to South Africa there was a lot of "Kyle who?"

Then he left with even less of a reputation than when he arrived.. Nice action though

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Caused Hayden all sorts of problems, of course.
Re-revealed that technical fault that'd gone unnoticed for 3 years.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Neil Pickup said:
Adam Gilchrist - Brett Lee - Rahul Dravid - Darren Gough - Kyle Mills

Any ideas? Anyone fancy a concerted refresh-based effort to get JP McNamara up there?
We could do this with the Cricket Web profiles Neil, might prove interesting.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Richard said:
I like South Park.
I don't rate Kyle Mills.
Is there a connection?
Neither Kyle Broflovsky nor Mrs Mills are any good at cricket - and there's your magical connection.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Langeveldt said:
When NZ came to South Africa there was a lot of "Kyle who?"

Then he left with even less of a reputation than when he arrived.. Nice action though
I'm guessing you think his four-wicket haul in one match was a fluke?

Autobahn

State 12th Man
Voltman said:
I'm guessing you think his four-wicket haul in one match was a fluke?
Well he got Kallis, Boucher and Langeveldt when they holed out, though he did trap gibbs with an inswinger.