• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

cosmetic disappointments

Kimbo

International Debutant
It was a great game between south africa and the windies, but there were a few disapointments in my opinion...

1) the south african world cup strip... I am usually impressed with the simplicity of the uniform, but to be perfectly Francis with you the shirt for this world cup is a messy clutter :(
- the "south africa" is too big, and not sharp enough.
- who the hell decided to put animal markings on the shirt? one word: disaster. :rolleyes:

2) the worm on tv. its massive and fat. why is it so fat? it just makes it confusing if anything, and it looks rough.

3) the circular 4/6 signs in the crowd with handles above the number (if i saw correctly). they cant be waved around properly if the handle is above the number, your hand would have to be ****ed downwards to hold the number right way up, therefore restricting comfort and ease of movement.:rolleyes:

i am eagerly awaiting seeing other world cup strips. I thought the west indies one was tidy. not bad.
I wonder what the Aussie effort will be like. To be fair they have the worst colour to work with...:rolleyes:

Langeveldt

Soutie
I like the new SA strip, the name and number on the back are really clear, and I think the animal pattern is just in keeping with the world cup theme. I think all the other kits are the same as they have been, but without the sponsers logo on the front , just the name of the country in block capitals.

Personally the bar on the bottom of the TV screen sux, whats the point? I have Widescreen and the bar makes the players even shorter and fatter. Cant wait to see Blackwell in Harare, or Geneva or wherever they are playing....

Cape Town looked a picture today tho 8D

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
The worm ? you talking about the scoreline ? :yawn:

right about the putfit of the SA. MEssy and not Sharp at all, I felt exactly the same.

signs....:rolleyes: why would I care :yawn:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I hope NZ's strip has that special fabric or they are going to bake in South Africa. Shane Bond gets massive cramp & heat stroke so they are going to have to manage him quite well.

Infact that actually worked to NZ advantage in the VB Series last year, Bond bowled about 3 spells of 3 or 4 overs because of the heat & looked what happened so maybe NZ should try that again.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
I will be looking forward to the Kiwi's, English and Pakistani (obviosuly) outfit. But I'll like the Kiwi outfit anyhow

Langeveldt

Soutie
We will see Namibia's kit tomorow, they played in light blue in the Standard Bank cup, same colour as India....

Langeveldt

Soutie
Oh, Englands kit is the same as the VB Series one, cept for the ICC world cup logo and ENGLAND instead of Vodafone

Kimbo

International Debutant
I'm talking about the worm graph taht charts progress of an innings- the line is too fat...

The bar at the bottom of the screen I felt was too fat, it was twice as tall as it needed to be and I felt this was just to show those bloody zebra stripes... I think the organisers have gone a little bit berzerk with the zebra stripes. I think they are okay to some extent... but not everythig needs bloody animal markings.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
yeah that worm is ugly as hell, what is wrong with the Box thats we have in australia

and tony grieg should have done the pitch reort!!!! cant wait for Taylor and Benaud to get over there and help healy (and holding) show all these other idiots how its done

Rich2001

International Captain
Sunil Havascar said:
It was a great game between south africa and the windies, but there were a few disapointments in my opinion...

1) the south african world cup strip... I am usually impressed with the simplicity of the uniform, but to be perfectly Francis with you the shirt for this world cup is a messy clutter :(
- the "south africa" is too big, and not sharp enough.
- who the hell decided to put animal markings on the shirt? one word: disaster. :rolleyes:

2) the worm on tv. its massive and fat. why is it so fat? it just makes it confusing if anything, and it looks rough.

3) the circular 4/6 signs in the crowd with handles above the number (if i saw correctly). they cant be waved around properly if the handle is above the number, your hand would have to be ****ed downwards to hold the number right way up, therefore restricting comfort and ease of movement.:rolleyes:

i am eagerly awaiting seeing other world cup strips. I thought the west indies one was tidy. not bad.
I wonder what the Aussie effort will be like. To be fair they have the worst colour to work with...:rolleyes:
1/ Why have SA changed the kit anyway, wasn't their pre WC one quite new anyway?

Part of point 3 - Everyone else has their normal one I blieve, but due to the ICC contract (that took everyone ages to sign) which bans personal advertising have to replace their sponsors with the team name.

2/ Agree

3/ Iam not certain but I don't think they are just signs, I think they are those seat mats combianed with the 4 / 6.. So the handle is placed for actually carrying it rather than holding up.

Last edited:

Kimbo

International Debutant
The New Zealand strip is very black. kind of odd- the fern is on the back as well as the number, so they have a very plain front and then a slightly busy back...?

aussie playing tonight- this will be very interesting