• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Considering new forum platform

James

Cricket Web Owner
I have that problem on CW (although I didn't used to), but on another XenForo site you are taken right to the first unread post in a thread.

I like the site, but I'd prefer an earthier colour scheme. The blue is a bit sterile.
Thanks RedHill, good to hear it solves that problem then.

The site over the years has always had blue as its primary colour so that's why. It would be fairly easy to change, but there would be need to be some sort of consensus.

Very few emoticons and not as cool ones as the ones on the old platform. I am not sure if there would be plugins for these.
Multi quoting as some one else pointed out.
I would import all our current emoticons into XenForo :)

Multi-quoting is there and can be used accordingly.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just need the colour scheme to be as close to here as possible. That baby blue isn't gonna work. The default font is weird too. The time and date and username featured on the bottom of the text box is slightly annoying tbh. Should be at the top. Otherwise it isn't bad.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Thanks Harsh.

I plan to buy XenForo in the next week or so and build a proper demo on the cricketweb.net domain seeing as no one has voiced any major concerns thus far.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
This is a petty thing and I haven`t played with the Xenofone that much. But considering that most of us read/write the "Queens" english. Is it possible for the spell check to be made UK rather than US? It really irritates me (yes I know that`s sad...)

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is a petty thing and I haven`t played with the Xenofone that much. But considering that most of us read/write the "Queens" english. Is it possible for the spell check to be made UK rather than US? It really irritates me (yes I know that`s sad...)
Dealbreaker tbh. I need my "u"s

James

Cricket Web Owner
This is built-in browser technology and has nothing to do with the forum software used.

Rudolph

Cricket Spectator
XenForo is very user friendly. Been using it for years on Planet Cricket.. this site can only benefit moving over.

Rudolph

Cricket Spectator
Only downside is that you will not have such an extensive Arcade gaming option with Xenforo. Finding Arcade addons games that is compatible might be tricky and very limited, also expensive.

cnerd123

likes this
Dunnow where to post this but the movile sote is broken

When I try to get onto another page of a subforum by clicking the numbers on the bottom right, i get what you see in the screenshot

The url that its linking to is:
tel:2312311

Using the latest ios and google chromeIMG_7769.PNG

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Appropriate that my name is at the top of your screen shot. Understandable you'd want to keep a record of my posting.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Your browser thinks the page numbers are a phone number and it's trying to help you out with a shortcut to call it. That's a silly browser issue rather than anything really wrong with the site.