• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Commercials with cricketers.

Bouncer

State Regular
In subcontinent nobody can sell a product better than cricketers, so there have been some great commercials with cricketers in it. I just wanted to know what are the cool ones in other cricket playing countries.

My favorite is the one that had Imran Wasim and Waqar.
It was a Pepsi Add in 1991, in the begining all three pllayers and a kid are shown practiicing together, Wasim and Waqar Bowl bacm to back Bouncers to Imran in the Nets, Imran duks all of them. Then the Kids yelles at Imran "Come On Skipper" Imran Looks back at thekid smiles, and takes a Pepsi break after the break Imran comes back to Nets, Wasim bowls him a bouncer Imran Pulls him over square leg for six, next Waqar bowles him bouncer and imran hits that for six too. then they all leave and the pepsi sign comes..

In the fourth grade it was the coolest thing on TV, i used to play the Hook shot with Imran whenver that add came on TV.:D

Eclipse

International Debutant
There have not been that many adds with cricket players in Australia.

There is currently one with Ponting and Rexona but it's not very good IMO

Brett Lee has done quite a few weet bix adds.

The worst ones would have to be tubby's one's advertising air conditioners.

Craig

World Traveller
During the 2003 WC they had Brett Lee, Jason Gillespie and Ricky Ponting all in a picture frame in a Pakistani family wall wearing Pakistani uniforms. They had Adam Gilchrist and Matt Hayden playing for NZ and Michael Slater interviewed Gilchrist in a WI uniform with a West Indian accent.

They had all these ads on cable during the WC, really good.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The ads during the WC were excellent. Also they showed some Indian ads during the Allan Border medal, not during the breaks but actually during the show. Ones with Warney and Lehmann, quite funny.

Swervy

International Captain
when i was a kid living to Australia,I seem to remember an ad that had Tony Greig and Greg Chappell on it for Nutri-grain (is that what its called)..and they were playing golf and they eat some of the cereal and one of them hits the golf ball and shouts 'Fore!!' and the other one says 'no way chum, thats 6'....that will haunt me for the rst of my life

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
I find the Gilchrist ad absolutly hilarious. He is in India and buying something at the markets, one indian goes: Hey! Adam Gilchrist in the hat! then alot of indians start shouting 'gillie gillie' and chasing him. he goes in a taxi, taxi driver starts car up, indians are all over the back reaching in the window at gillie. the taxi driver leans back and casually says 'not long now mr gillie'.

Something along those lines anyway. The ad is eventually for aMotor car oil, hence the 'not long now mr gillie' meaning he has to warm up the engine. Its castrol maybe? or valveline

ahh anyway, its amusing.

Ford_GTHO351

U19 Vice-Captain
AUST_HiTMaN said:
Something along those lines anyway. The ad is eventually for aMotor car oil, hence the 'not long now mr gillie' meaning he has to warm up the engine. Its castrol maybe? or valveline

ahh anyway, its amusing.
Its a Castrol ad.

Armadillo

State Vice-Captain
When I last went to Pakistan I saw an advert from Star Sports, it was Virender Sehwag advertising Mayur suits, it was hilariously rubbish.

Deja moo

International Captain
The one with tendulkar, warne and carl hooper for p***i during the 2003WC was a ood one too.......it wasnt a great ad in itself, but was worth watching just to hear warne say "iski to gayeee" !:lol:

biased indian

International Coach
orangepitch said:
The one with tendulkar, warne and carl hooper for p***i during the 2003WC was a ood one too.......it wasnt a great ad in itself, but was worth watching just to hear warne say "iski to gayeee" !:lol:
ya that was not bad one