• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chris Harris

Flem274*

123/5
ATG fielder, fun player but he underachieved. Shield cricket wasn't then what it is today, but he dominated with the bat even relative to players like Fleming and I'm under the impression he should have done more at test level.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Absolute ODI genius - as good as Jonty in the field, economical 4th or 5th bowler who was a superb fielder off his own bowling (lots of c&b), and a handy finisher - got a lot of runs off leg byes which made his s/r look a bit low. Great 1st class batting record but really struggled at test level like Michael Bevan.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
Loved his style of bowling. Copied it few times, but coming from a land where spin is not known for, he wan rather monotonous and un imaginative with his style of bowling. Any one or few of off cutter, off break, out swinger and a carom ball could have been easily added to that repatoire, and suddenly would have turned himself to a wicket taker from a holding bowler.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm always a little surprised he only averaged 29 in ODIs despite demonstrative evidence he was a damn good finisher (3rd most not outs ever after Bev and Dhoni)

What's the explanation?

srbhkshk

International Captain
I'm always a little surprised he only averaged 29 in ODIs despite demonstrative evidence he was a damn good finisher (3rd most not outs ever after Bev and Dhoni)

What's the explanation?
I have no idea, but this is a solid practical blow against the theory of not-outs inflating your average.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing

What's the explanation?
He has the most runs of any number 7 in ODI history, where he played most of his games and averaged 31.

It's when he was batting 6 or higher that he underachieved (averaged <27). He also had a higher average first innings than second.

So idk, maybe had a better time of it later in the innings setting up a total than trying to get quick runs earlier in the innings or chasing.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Absolute ODI genius - as good as Jonty in the field, economical 4th or 5th bowler who was a superb fielder off his own bowling (lots of c&b), and a handy finisher - got a lot of runs off leg byes which made his s/r look a bit low. Great 1st class batting record but really struggled at test level like Michael Bevan.
:laugh:

is this a meme or something? First time I've heard it

ataraxia

International Coach
Just saw his T20 career for the first time, aged 36 to 42.

1647921908182.png
1647921873308.png

:lol:

Bet running properly (i.e. forever) on the last ball of the innings would've brought that average down a bit, but still utterly gun.