• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chris Gayle vs Desmond Haynes (Test and ODI cricket)

ma1978

International 12th Man
Who do you rate more?

I would have thought it’s a no brainier for Haynes. Now I am not so sure

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Gayle being under rated in tests and ODIs coz he was the Universe Boss in T20s is such an odd thing that has crept up across the game.

CodeOfWisden

U19 Debutant
Gayle being under rated in tests and ODIs coz he was the Universe Boss in T20s is such an odd thing that has crept up across the game.
Just had a look at Chris Gayle's overseas record in tests, he has mighty impressive stats.

Aus - 50
Eng - 37
SA - 55
Nz - 68
Pakistan - 36
Sri Lanka - 42

I don't think even Haynes has such a fine record overseas

Slifer

International Captain
Just had a look at Chris Gayle's overseas record in tests, he has mighty impressive stats.

Aus - 50
Eng - 37
SA - 55
Nz - 68
Pakistan - 36
Sri Lanka - 42

I don't think even Haynes has such a fine record overseas
Haynes is a notorious HTB. Would get no where close to my WI ATG:

Greenidge
Hunte
Gayle
Stollmeyer