• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cheating

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
No-one will ever know if either or neither of those are true. There is absolutely no way we can say with great confidence that Darrell Hair was biased against Pakistan (or Sri Lanka for that matter). It's possible he may have been, and certainly he gave both sides legitimate reason to believe he was, and I don't blame players from either for believing such a thing to be true.

But there is no way we can say that he is beyond doubt, as some Pakistan fans like to think we can.
no one is ever going to kno cuz he is never going to admit i think thats common sense and like you said he gave enough reasons to believe he was being biased against pak, so i think no one can fault pak fans believing that way.
but i think i can easily identify honest mistakes from purposfeully giving incorrect decisions so yeah.

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
Definition of conclusive

adj.

Serving to put an end to doubt, question, or uncertainty; decisive.

And the punctuation. :ph34r:
so i did feel it was conclusive enuf, why dont you tell me wuts wrong with that than telling me definition which i knew i already but couldve easily luked up anywa if i had to

Athlai

Not Terrible
so i did feel it was conclusive enuf, why dont you tell me wuts wrong with that than telling me definition which i knew i already but couldve easily luked up anywa if i had to
The phrase 'conclusive enough' gives the impression that you feel you are right despite a certain amount of doubt you admit. Conclusive in itself means without any doubt, but through suggesting that it is 'enough' you concede it is inconclusive.

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
The phrase 'conclusive enough' gives the impression that you feel you are right despite a certain amount of doubt you admit. Conclusive in itself means without any doubt, but through suggesting that it is 'enough' you concede it is inconclusive.
you can say conclusive enough, why dont you type that in google in quotes and see how many results come up im sure

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
how is it just my opinion if i clearly see the ball fall out of his hands? so ofcourse then its based on facts, it just means i have sharp eyesight but it shud be visible anywa but its other thing if u dont wana fess up hahaha
Amazing sharp eyesight if you can make something that is originally out of focus become in focus.

Athlai

Not Terrible
yh but you could tell i used enough not cuz i wasnt sure but more like to emphasize my point so incorrect maybe but its like common sense
It made your point slightly rhetorical in that you conceded doubt well claiming their was none. Basically saying it was inconclusive but you thought he caught it. And it being inconclusive is half the point. :ph34r:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
no one is ever going to kno cuz he is never going to admit i think thats common sense and like you said he gave enough reasons to believe he was being biased against pak, so i think no one can fault pak fans believing that way.
but i think i can easily identify honest mistakes from purposfeully giving incorrect decisions so yeah.
People can't fault Pakistan fans for disliking the idea of him standing in their Tests, but they can be faulted for claiming "that racist biased Umpire Hair" and similar nonsense, as there's no way to even establish that it's likely, never mind certain.

Sensible minds can deal with and try to remove suspicion without resorting to childish behaviour.

Athlai

Not Terrible
People can't fault Pakistan fans for disliking the idea of him standing in their Tests, but they can be faulted for claiming "that racist biased Umpire Hair" and similar nonsense, as there's no way to even establish that it's likely, never mind certain.

Sensible minds can deal with and try to remove suspicion without resorting to childish behaviour.
Yeah I don't think it was a race issue, could be that the Pakistani team just tend to have come off as prats in recent times. Some of them anyway.

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
Yeah I don't think it was a race issue, could be that the Pakistani team just tend to have come off as prats in recent times. Some of them anyway.
prats? they were blamed for ball tempering when they had done none of it, i think this is the whole incident im talking abt alone with some other stuff like not getting decisions their way and stuf so they are ones who were hard done by so if anyone is prat its darrel hair

Athlai

Not Terrible
prats? they were blamed for ball tempering when they had done none of it, i think this is the whole incident im talking abt alone with some other stuff like not getting decisions their way and stuf so they are ones who were hard done by so if anyone is prat its darrel hair
I'm not talking about this incident in particular but the Pakistani team has a few pre-madonna's in it or did. Hair was most certainly in the wrong IMO in this matter but I don't think it was because he was racist.