• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cheap trainees

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
No.. I do not have any but has anyone noticed how they have dissapeared entirely.

You can't get a good 17yr old resp-resp without coughing up anymore

Mahindinho

State Vice-Captain
Early-season 17yo Respectables have been well over £500k for several seasons now, and high Competents aren't all that far behind any more, esp. those with all-rounder potential.

Wait 'til the closer to the end of the season, or go for an 18yo.

Unless you're trying to end up over the Sensational mark, an 18yo Respectable should be sufficient, and much better value. I think Jakester sold a decent-looking one for £300k not long ago.

Jakester1288

International Regular
Unless you're trying to end up over the Sensational mark, an 18yo Respectable should be sufficient, and much better value. I think Jakester sold a decent-looking one for £300k not long ago.
Indeed. Med/prof/comp bat, with feeble keeping. Might have been comp stamina, but it's still good. I think he should have been worth more, but that's my bias view. :p

nibbs

International Captain
tbh, if you're prepared to cough up the cash and then train them properly, you get your money back by the end of the season. and by this i mean that by virtue of the value of the player. an 18yo strong should fetch 3-4mil quite easily. having cost

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
tbh, if you're prepared to cough up the cash and then train them properly, you get your money back by the end of the season. and by this i mean that by virtue of the value of the player. an 18yo strong should fetch 3-4mil quite easily. having cost
Indeed, but my academy is spouting trash :@ and I still need a bowler and a batsman to compete in the miasma that is England level V.