• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Charity Matches

Loony BoB

International Captain
Are we able to organise charity matches, where we get a couple of teams sorted out and play a friendly game every now and then (possibly with live sims if we organise it well)? I think it'd be great, and we could raise some good money for the kids at the local hospital, amongst other things. :) I think CW needs a few more fun matches to get some of the members back into the spirit of things!

EDIT: Friendly games would also be ideal for people who are looking to showcase themselves in any way should they not be getting much gametime. New people who haven't yet been selected for a team could also get into the swing of things before being thrust into the CW League.

Last edited:

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
I agree Bob, especially as I`m a newbie, a 2 day old newbie, even though 2 days is a bit quick to be impatient though, i would totaly love to get involved.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sounds good. Whoever is organizing would have to clear it with the CWBCC first though, regarding scheduling.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
CW Special Care XI "Funding our more "needy" members" Captain: Lord of Darkness V.Captain: Tom Halsey Star Players: Mr.P and Cloete.

CW Forum's XI: 10 CW Players voted by you and one international All-star.

The Selector's panel XI: The panel pick out young and rising stars to get expiercene with famous stars: Captain Andre, V Captain Samuel Vimes.

Just some ideas there.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Press Release said:
Smash Up in the City Following on from the sucess of the 25smash season (Sponsored by CW Bar) comes a Unique event, a once in a lifetime opportunity and all for charity. 4 teams, one goal, the City Smash cup. 2 development league select teams will peform. But also 2 unique teams, legends from accross the globe come together for charity and 5 in a team, combine with the teenagers from the recently set up CW InnerCity academy to take on the might of CW. All in aid of the CW Progress Through Cricket Initiative, that gives talented youngsters the opportunity to develop their skills and was responsible for the CW InnerCity academy. Unconfirmmed 'Legends' inlcude Courtney Walsh, Steve Waugh, Alec Stewart, Alan Donald and more. tickets will be sold through general sale but a large amount will be distributed to Kids through schools and in deprived areas.
Thats my idea anyway

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I like the look of it, but will obviously have to talk it over with Reuben first. The management of the charity competition will have to organize everything though, meaning they'd (or he/she would) be in charge of picking the teams etc. The CWBCC will assist with simming if required though.

Send a formal presentation of the charity format to bugs@tstt*net*tt (*=. of course) and reuben@globe*net*nz and Cc it to cwbcc@mail.com.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Can anyone interested in playing a charity match please post in this thread so we can make organising this thing a little easier. :) I'm not sure if we'd be able to find enough people for four teams, as I'm not sure that many people post actively (and if they don't, they won't see this thread).

Obviously, I'm eager to get a game or two going, and it would be great fun to play with some of the people I've been up against in the dev league, as well as those who haven't yet had a game at all.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
What about Northern Hemisphere vs Southern Hemisphere based players or something of the like...

Bob i would be interested in any game that is getting organised.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Wow that's a cool idea.

...now, why didn't I think of that?(coz you're a stupid woolyback, that's why)

Loony BoB

International Captain
We'd best wait until we have 22 interested members before we decide on how the teams will be made up. Even a semi-random grouping would suit me just fine. :)

Also, I'm not sure where I'd fit into a Northern vs. Southern Hemisphere game. :o Southern, I'd hope!

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Loony BoB said:
Can anyone interested in playing a charity match please post in this thread so we can make organising this thing a little easier. :) I'm not sure if we'd be able to find enough people for four teams, as I'm not sure that many people post actively (and if they don't, they won't see this thread).

Obviously, I'm eager to get a game or two going, and it would be great fun to play with some of the people I've been up against in the dev league, as well as those who haven't yet had a game at all.
Count me in.

ash chaulk

International Captain
ill play... can i open the bowling LOL... we'll get a big total to chase or the game could even finish early