• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Champions League 20/20 may require qualification for some sides

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
It is a boon for NZ cricket - hopefully there will be less interest in 20 20 cricket in general now. And players will focus more on the longer forms of the game. Maybe we can even reduce the number of domestic 20 20s we play in the season.

Also if I was Auckland - do I really want to fly all the way to India for a pre-tournament qualifying tournament? Should just boycott it.
Hahaha. I'd hate you to think I'm following you around, but there's poor posts at every turn - a lot with your name on.

You think this will dilute the interest in T20 in NZ? Why would we adjust the amount of T20 matches over here, given they are the biggest money-spinners on the calender?

And if you were Auckland, you'd boycott the opportunity to make a tournament where reportedly the worst you do is a $20K payout, and worldwide exposure that has launched IPL careers previously? Oh boy. Let me be the first to give you the tip that Auckland will not be boycotting.

The Aces have the side to make it through the qualifying, without question. Three O/S players (Adams x2 and Quiney), Vincent, Mills, Hopkins, Martin, Guptill, Tuffey, Bates, Hira, de Grandhomme, Munro, Kitchen. That's a strong squad.

Reality is Otago, and CD to a lesser degree (at least they competed) made NZ's participation less viable. There are better, more marketable sides out there, hence the restructure. It's simple economics, and at least we still have a chance to have representation if they're good enough.