• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cameron Green

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Some colour names

White, Black, Green, Grey/Gray (UK/US spelling), Brown, Mustard, Rose (any others?)

Apart from Bill Brown I can't think of any top order bats - lots of allrounders and bowlers

Bill Brown
Cameron White
Cameron Green
Craig White
Evan Gray
Phil Mustard (wk)
Chris Green
Marlon Black
Tony Gray
Franklyn Rose

Maybe 'Plum' Warner (perhaps Davey could be 'Plumb' Warner when he faces Broad)

I see the Windies had a Reg Scarlett (extra 't' than the colour) in the 50s.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Some colour names

White, Black, Green, Grey/Gray (UK/US spelling), Brown, Mustard, Rose (any others?)

Apart from Bill Brown I can't think of any top order bats - lots of allrounders and bowlers

Bill Brown
Cameron White
Cameron Green
Craig White
Evan Gray
Phil Mustard (wk)
Chris Green
Marlon Black
Tony Gray
Franklyn Rose

Mark Lavender was an opening bat for WA in the 90s

Victor Ian

International Coach
Redmond, Wilfred Rhodes.. Is that cheating?
I looked at the reds too. Redmond, redthis and redthat are in the spirit, but alfred, wildfred, tredsomething are not. But it turns out colours dont become all time greats so i guess anything goes.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Some colour names

Bill Brown
Cameron White
Cameron Green
Craig White
Evan Gray
Phil Mustard (wk)
Chris Green
Marlon Black
Tony Gray
Franklyn Rose

Murray Mauve bowled great induckers for CW Colts in the Dev League.

Aritro

International Regular
Some colour names

Bill Brown
Cameron White
Cameron Green
Craig White
Evan Gray
Phil Mustard (wk)
Chris Green
Marlon Black
Tony Gray
Franklyn Rose

This is an excellent effort

flibbertyjibber

If he ends up with a batting average like Stokes has and a bowling average like Flintoff had he will go down as a great. Those are the sorts of figures he looks like he may be capable of but obviously he needs to steer clear of injuries.

Spikey

Yeah, I agree - a lot of specific (and not unreasonable) frustrations with him as test player kinda overshadowed the positives he did offer and I imagine a lot of people think more of him than they did at the time when they look back has his career

Ironic really that his standing should improve when reviewed
I think there's a real danger of an untrue narrative around Shane Watson building. From the time of his return to the team and instant success in 2009 to the start of the Australian summer in 2011 when injures returned to him, no-one had a problem with him, beyond his conversion rate. Of course, he averaged 45 with the bat and 25 with the ball during this time, so why would they be

From summer of 2011 to the end? 32 with the bat, 50 with the ball. Drama over where he would bat, whether he could bowl. The frustrations were perfectly reasonable. He whinged his way back into opening for the 2013 Ashes and by the end of the tour, he wasn't even opening in white ball cricket anymore! (which wasn't actually something anyone wanted and I still think is the weirdest part of Watson's career. An all time great white ball opener pushed down the order)

Last edited: