• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Calendar Draft Voting Thread

Vote for the best 5 teams

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Below are all the teams that completed the Calendar Draft. To summarise, teams had to pick an XI of players who were all born in different months to each other (XIs with 11 of the 12 months represented effectively.)

Please vote for the sides you deem to be the best 5 sides

Archer6KJOJOXIKryptoAndyZaltzHairHowitzerFuller PilchHonest HunksKenneth ViljoenAndrewBPothas
WG Grace (C)Virender SehwagGraeme Smith (C)Barry RichardsVinoo Mankad /oJack Hobbs
Trevor GoddardSaeed AnwarVictor TrumperGlenn Turner
Simon KatichAlastair CookShane WatsonArchie JacksonChris Gayle /Arthur MorrisWilfred RhodesGary KirstenVijay MerchantAndrew Strauss
Jacques KallisRahul DravidHashim AmlaGeorge HeadleyWally Hammond /oDavid GowerDenis ComptonMaurice LeylandViv RichardsKumar Sangakkara
Dudley NourseBrian LaraBasil ButcherRohan KanhaiPeter May(c) /Mahela JayawardeneBob Simpson (vc)Greg Chappell (C)Stan McCabeYounis Khan
Doug WaltersFrank Worrell (5)Mohammad YousufClive LloydKen Barrington /A.B. De VilliersBill EdrichKevin PietersenMike HusseyMichael Clarke
Patsy HendrenSteve Waugh (c) (6)Jonty RhodesAlec Stewart (WK)Graham Thorpe /Tom Blundell (wk)Aubrey FaulknerTony GreigAndy Flower+Ben Stokes
Monty NobleBJ Watling (WK)Andrew FlintoffKeith MillerJohn Waite /kIan BothamMS Dhoni (wk) (c)Les Ames (WK)Jack GregoryJock Cameron
Bert Oldfield (WK)Shane Warne (4)Ian Healy (WK)Anil KumbleRichard Hadlee o/Shaun PollockRavi AshwinJason GillespieMike ProcterMitchell Starc
Peter PollockCraig McDermott (3)Chaminda VaasRangana HerathJim Laker oRichie Benaud (c)Stuart BroadHugh TayfieldJohnny WardleClarrie Grimmett
Hedley VerityManny Martindale (2)Waqar YounisAndy RobertsNeil Wagner oHeath StreakMitch JohnsonBill JohnstonDerek UnderwoodFred Trueman
Sydney BarnesJack Cowie (1)Courtney WalshShane BondIan Bishop oBrian StathamJosh HazlewoodBob WillisJasprit BumrahCurtly Ambrose

TrundlerLine and LengthAtaraxiaPatience and Accuracy+Gut Mr. CricZo XI/kingkallisHimannvCapt_LuffyBitmapMoooo
Bill BrownHerbert Sutcliffe /Conrad Hunte /Bruce Mitchell (5)Gordon Greenidge /Justin Langer /Sunil GavaskarGeoffrey BoycottHanif Mohammad
Len HuttonSid Barnes /Bill Woodfull /Arthur ShrewsburryGraham Gooch /Bill Lawry /Matthew HaydenEddie BarlowBill Ponsford
Neil HarveyIan Chappell (Capt) /oJoe Root /Gundappa ViswanathRicky Ponting / (c)Clyde Walcott /Kane WilliamsonTed DexterJaved Miandad
Clem Hill*Jack Ryder /oGraeme Pollock /K.S RanjitsinjhiMohammad Azharuddin /Lindsay Hassett /Virat Kohli (c)Sachin TendulkarSeymour Nurse
Shivnarine ChanderpaulEverton Weekes /Inzamam-ul-Haq /Ross TaylorMartin Crowe /Allan Border* /Colin CowdreySteve SmithRichie Richardson (capt.)
VVS LaxmanGarfield Sobers /oMushtaq Mohammad / oMisbah ul-haq*Saleem Malik /Rishabh Pant+ /Frank WoolleyVijay Hazare*Farokh Engineer (WK)
Quinton de Kock+Ravindra .Jadeja /oImran Khan* o /Adam Gilchrist+Rod Marsh + /Shakib Al Hasan /oBrendon McCullum (wk)Denis Lindsay+Abdul Qadir
Maurice TateAlan Knott wkp / Imtiaz Ahmed + /Ray Lindwall (1)Wasim Akram o /Hugh Trumble o/Kapil DevHarold LarwoodKagiso Rabada
Malcolm MarshallPat Cummins oAlan Davidson o /Tiger O’Reilly (3)Graeme Swann o /Wes Hall oFrank TysonDennis LilleeKen Farnes
Michael HoldingRyan Harris oBishan Bedi oShoaib Akhtar (4)Jeff Thomson oDale Steyn oGlenn McGrathSubhash GupteColin Croft
Lance GibbsNeil Adcock oJames Anderson oAlec Bedser (2)Allan Donald o Joel Garner oMutthiah MuralitharanFazal MahmoodAlf Valentine

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I have no idea how to even compare the sides. :(
Archer's side is cool wih a lot of depth and has Katich. :)
Jojo's top 4 is so fire and ice but feel the bowling attack leaves a bit out there.
Krypto's side does not have a spinner and I usually compare teams on their 2nd spinner's strength. :)
AZH's looks strong.
Howitzer almost has enough players with 2nd skill for me to vote for his side.
FP seems a lil light on batting.
Mine is a pretty hb side.
KV's side seems interesting and pretty rounded.
Andrew B has enough talent to be a great side.
Pothas side has enough bowling but the batting seems a bit light.
Trundy got to pick Clem Hill and a great bowling side but again, some red inkers at 5 and 6.
L&L has a vintage team.
PAG's side suffers the second spinner syndrome
criczo will be lucky to win any game with the fixer uppers there.
Himannv side looks good, but lacks Sanga.
Luffy has 2 of the fab 4 and 2 ATGs with the ball.
Bitmap side has consistent quality across.
Moo's side is good but a bit uneven.

At the end, I will go with L&L, Himannv and AZH. And BItmap and Luffy as I just realized I can pick 5. :)

ataraxia

International Coach
I have no idea how to even compare the sides. :(
Archer's side is cool wih a lot of depth and has Katich. :)
Jojo's top 4 is so fire and ice but feel the bowling attack leaves a bit out there.
Krypto's side does not have a spinner and I usually compare teams on their 2nd spinner's strength. :)
AZH's looks strong.
Howitzer almost has enough players with 2nd skill for me to vote for his side.
FP seems a lil light on batting.
Mine is a pretty hb side.
KV's side seems interesting and pretty rounded.
Andrew B has enough talent to be a great side.
Pothas side has enough bowling but the batting seems a bit light.
Trundy got to pick Clem Hill and a great bowling side but again, some red inkers at 5 and 6.
L&L has a vintage team.
PAG's side suffers the second spinner syndrome
criczo will be lucky to win any game with the fixer uppers there.
Himannv side looks good, but lacks Sanga.
Luffy has 2 of the fab 4 and 2 ATGs with the ball.
Bitmap side has consistent quality across.
Moo's side is good but a bit uneven.

At the end, I will go with L&L, Himannv and AZH. And BItmap and Luffy as I just realized I can pick 5. :)
Excuse-moi.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Congratulations @capt_Luffy - I know you are relatively new to drafting on here - is this your first win? - if so double congrats.

Thanks to all for participating in the draft, helping to allow the draft to run smoothly and thanks for those who voted,

Well drafted to Pothas, Trundler and Himannv too who were all in the running, receiving plenty of votes.

capt_Luffy

International Debutant
Congratulations @capt_Luffy - I know you are relatively new to drafting on here - is this your first win? - if so double congrats.

Thanks to all for participating in the draft, helping to allow the draft to run smoothly and thanks for those who voted,

Well drafted to Pothas, Trundler and Himannv too who were all in the running, receiving plenty of votes.
Thank you @JOJOXI , @howitzer, @SillyCowCorner1 and @Archer6K . Yes, it's my second draft overall after the 4 Eras one and my first win. Thanks to everyone who voted and those who didn't; and I was extremely lucky to actually win this over many great teams, especially trundler, pothas, bitmap, Ataraxia, Fuller Pilch and Himannv.

howitzer

State Vice-Captain

Thank you for running this draft. It was great fun.

howitzer

State Vice-Captain
Thank you @JOJOXI , @howitzer, @SillyCowCorner1 and @Archer6K . Yes, it's my second draft overall after the 4 Eras one and my first win. Thanks to everyone who voted and those who didn't; and I was extremely lucky to actually win this over many great teams, especially trundler, pothas, bitmap, Ataraxia, Fuller Pilch and Himannv.
Got a high standard to live up to with my sophomore effort then.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We have a prodigy on our hands here ;)