• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

bring back alex tudor!!!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Arjun said:
Tudor and Jones can take wickets at regular intervals...
Where do you people get these ideas from?

<quack> He's right about Tudor

Whereas Simon Jones is an integral part of the England squad, Alex Tudor isn't even an integral part of .... WHAT?

<quack> Arjun is right about Tudor - he does take wickets at regular intervals

Really?

<quack> Yup. One a month.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I thought Tudor showed a truckload of potential in Aust in 1998/99 but subsequent times I saw him bowl, he lacked spark and zip. A confience bowler if ever I saw one. Damn, he was quick in his first Test, though. Scary.

Was always disappointed he never made more of himself.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
He's still better than all those average medium-pacers, such as Ormond, Bicknell, Kirtley, Silverwood, Johnson and Anderson. None of those look capable of running through teams.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Arjun said:
He's stil lbetter than all those average medium-pacers, such as Ormond, Bicknell, Kirtley, Silverwood, Johnson and Anderson. None of those look capable of running through teams.
James Anderson bowled absolutely superbly yesterday, and looked more than capable of running through a side - the new Irfan Pathan, if you ask me.

Tudor was a fantastic prospect five years ago and blew it through not applying himself - he had the same chances as anyone else and just threw them away. If he'd have shown any spine at all instead of whining and hiding when things got a little tough, he would more than likely be involved in the England side today.

Remember what happened to Harmison last year? He showed some of those same whiny traits and got put on the plane home. He took a long, hard look at himself and grew a backbone. If Tudor does the same, then sure, he's young enough to come back - but there's a big bathroom mirror that needs a lot of looking into before that's likely to happen.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If Tudor does the same, then sure, he's young enough to come back - but there's a big bathroom mirror that needs a lot of looking into before that's likely to happen.
At 6'6", that's a HUGE bathroom mirror............

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Tudor was a fantastic prospect five years ago and blew it through not applying himself - he had the same chances as anyone else and just threw them away. If he'd have shown any spine at all instead of whining and hiding when things got a little tough, he would more than likely be involved in the England side today.

Remember what happened to Harmison last year? He showed some of those same whiny traits and got put on the plane home. He took a long, hard look at himself and grew a backbone. If Tudor does the same, then sure, he's young enough to come back - but there's a big bathroom mirror that needs a lot of looking into before that's likely to happen.
Does Tudor need a personal shrink?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Arjun said:
Does Tudor need a personal shrink?
That, and heart, might be all he does need (and a huge mirror, as Corey said, but bathroom mirrors tend to come with a whole bucketload of PMA if you look at them in the right way, in which case the shrink would be superfluous).

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Arjun said:
He's still better than all those average medium-pacers, such as Ormond, Bicknell, Kirtley, Silverwood, Johnson and Anderson. None of those look capable of running through teams.
How often have you actually seen him bowl? cos he's not really impressed at all for 5 years.

deeps

International 12th Man
tudor has TONNES of potential,and is just down on confidence...he just needs an extended run without injuries,for surrey or whoever he plays for,and he'll be good...and yes, i agree, he is better than most of the england bowlers

Sudeep

International Captain
I was on the main page, and for a second there I thought the thread title read - bring back alexkumar!!!

Had to click on it! :p

FRAZ

International Captain
Sudeep said:
I was on the main page, and for a second there I thought the thread title read - bring back alexkumar!!!

Had to click on it! :p
You seem to understand only , Kumars, Singhs, Kapoors, Bhandaris etc etc . some time we have to discuss the other 5/6 portion of the world too ......

Craig

World Traveller
Neil Pickup said:
SL Test 2002 @ OT... Hoggard was bowling himself into the ground, the ball was thrown to Tudor, who complained about a "niggle" so Hoggard had to run in again.
If I were captain of England on that day, I would have ordered him off the field and not to bother coming on until he changes his attitude.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
deeps said:
tudor has TONNES of potential,and is just down on confidence...he just needs an extended run without injuries,for surrey or whoever he plays for,and he'll be good...and yes, i agree, he is better than most of the england bowlers
Unfortunately that's never going to happen.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Arjun said:
None of these bowlers are medium-pacers, except possibly Bicknell. And even with Bicknell's disappointing season I still think he's the best of this bunch and there's a reason he's been considered by just about all Surrey fans to be better than Tudor for... well... all of Tudor's career.
Johnson and Silverwood are both out-and-out quick bowlers, Kirtley was two years ago (anyone else remember him spearing 90mph Full-Tosses onto Tendulkar's bat at The Riverside? Because I certainly wasn't imagining it).
And I don't think anyone who knows much about much would say James Ormond has been much of a good bowler since his move to The Oval. He was good in his days on seaming Grace Road, not on the bullish AMP\Brit.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
SpaceMonkey said:
He's famous for his attitude problems...he just doesnt put the hard yards in. Bowlers rarely bowl 100% fit, but they get on with it...something Tudor wouldnt do. He also had a major stamina problem, he just couldnt bowl long spells...and it was hardly like he steamed in every ball.
Plenty of his attitude-problems have been exaggerated by people refusing to accept that they missed something that's easy to miss (a very rare condition). His attitude to training isn't the greatest, but nor is it the shocker some make it out to be.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
Okay, we've got the best England side of my lifetime
You took a temporary death from August 2000 to May 2001, then?
Sorry, nothing will ever convince me that Trescothick, Strauss, Key, Vaughan, Bell, Flintoff, Jones, Giles, Hoggard, Anderson, Harmison is a better side than Atherton, Trescothick, Hussain, Vaughan, Stewart, Thorpe, Ramprakash, White, Cork, Caddick, Gough (yes, I know, that side never actually played together but they almost certainly would have but for injuries).

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Seeing as it didn't ever happen, then it wasn't better!

And I'd back the current team to beat it anyway, because it's short of bowlers.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Richard said:
You took a temporary death from August 2000 to May 2001, then?
Sorry, nothing will ever convince me that Trescothick, Strauss, Key, Vaughan, Bell, Flintoff, Jones, Giles, Hoggard, Anderson, Harmison is a better side than Atherton, Trescothick, Hussain, Vaughan, Stewart, Thorpe, Ramprakash, White, Cork, Caddick, Gough (yes, I know, that side never actually played together but they almost certainly would have but for injuries).
Conveniently ignoring Thorpe, who is still playing...while players who were injured in that "all-star" team are definitely accepted as having been there...