• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Brian Lara International Cricket–Press Release

James

Cricket Web Owner
February 3rd 2005 (2pm UK time) – He’s back in to bat! Brian Lara, one of cricket’s greatest ever players and one of video gaming’s biggest sports icons, returns to game screens this summer in Brian Lara International Cricket for PlayStation 2, Xbox and PC.

Bringing its heritage of being the definitive cricket game series, Brian Lara International Cricket comes ten years after Codemasters launched the original Brian Lara game and over five years since the series appeared on any platform.

As the ultimate hit and run experience, Brian Lara International Cricket will capture all the exciting, athletic, skilful and technical elements of the sport.

In a tense battle between batting and bowling, its your chance to defend the honour of your chosen country in gripping One-Day Internationals, atmospheric Test Matches, fast Double Wicket games, challenging tournaments and even historic clashes – including the Test Match of 1882, which led to the creation of the Ashes!

In addition to the world’s best cricket players and stadia from around the world, Brian Lara International Cricket also includes a classic squad featuring some of the greatest names from cricket history.

If you want to get your skills up to international standards, there are Practice Nets to get in shape and then, when you’re ready to play alongside the world’s best, the full team and player editing lets you pick the squad.

Get out on the pitch and experience the fluid, dynamic gameplay mechanics that make batting, bowling and fielding equally enthralling to play.
You’ll be bowling bouncers and hitting sixes in no time if you can take the deliveries from the professionals.

If you’re feeling really competitive, there’s multiplayer action for up to four players, with 2 players per team. Players can join the team at any time during a match, providing perfect drop in or drop out play – perfect if you’re engaged in a 5-day Test!

Visually reflecting the contemporary style of televised cricket, the game will also offer intelligent commentary from some of the biggest and recognisable names in cricket, including Jonathan Agnew, David Gower and Ian Bishop.

Essential for fans of the sport, and a cracking multiplayer game in its own right, Brian Lara International Cricket will bowl you over this summer when it’s published by Codemasters for PlayStation 2, Xbox and PC. Prepare to don your cricket whites online at www.codemasters.com/brianlara

Attachments

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
it looks horrible.. worst gfx than ea sports cricket 2004 :/

Althou gameplay is what its about.. so hoepfully it plays well

Still.. it *LOOKS* crap :P

should fire the texture artists.. i could make better textures in mspaint :P

hopefully its all dumbed down for the xbox only (Those are xbox screens) and on pc it will be far better gfx/textures

Don

State Vice-Captain
dosent look as spectacular as the gameplay sounds but maybe for pc :dry:

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
Baring in mind what you will see will be heavily Anti-aliased, with better textures.. I hope the game delivers like its predacessor did.. I like the positions, the player movement looks good (from what we can see) and so do the crowd..

The interface and icons look quite interesting :cool:

Last edited:

MoxPearl

State Vice-Captain
still u have to admit... if that was on pc.. thats like 5+ year old gfx lol

the gfx look like they were cut out from paper with scizors and stuck on a piece of paper

i mean look at the pads lol

cricket player

International Debutant
I wouldnt care much about the graphic all it matter's is the gameplay.I hope this thing works in my pc and why is the keeper not wearing gloves and the umpire's hat where is it?

Don

State Vice-Captain
i think the keeper forgot his hat and gloves so the umpire loaned him the hat but hes on his own with gloves

v800

Cricket Spectator
hey everyone I have a question and i would be glad if someone could answer it. the question is what summer is the game coming out on

Buddhmaster

International Captain
v800 said:
hey everyone I have a question and i would be glad if someone could answer it. the question is what summer is the game coming out on
I think its cumin out this aussie winter

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
it looks good, for a xbox game it looks good and im quiet sure it will look good on pc to! but in the end its the gameplay that matters and to be honoust i think its gonna be a good gameplay