• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Brian Lara a true Gent

Fusion

Global Moderator
I guess every forum requires a gormless autism-fuelled ****poster though.
This sort of a comment is completely unacceptable on this forum.

I’m going to leave a general warning for everyone that if you throw around an insult, expect to cop an infraction. If you’re not interested in the thread, then please don’t post in it.

Singh Is King

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I guess every forum requires a gormless autism-fuelled ****poster though.
Thanks for that. Because I believe certain stats such have more credibility such as performances away from home, longevity, performances against arguably best or 2nd best attack of all time (Australia) and everything else that stands out like his insane stats etc ; you believe you can react like that?

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thanks for that. Because I believe certain stats such have more credibility such as performances away from home, longevity, performances against arguably best or 2nd best attack of all time (Australia) and everything else that stands out like his insane stats etc ; you believe you can react like that?
He was referring to sledger actually.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This sort of a comment is completely unacceptable on this forum.

I’m going to leave a general warning for everyone that if you throw around an insult, expect to cop an infraction. If you’re not interested in the thread, then please don’t post in it.
Yep, agree.

And if you can only say negative things to troll or bait others they should **** right off as well.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Im saying I value cold hard statistics and facts and what Absolute legends of the game say, rather than someone who can ignore all of that like this "Monk" guy.
I could pull out a heap of quotes that say that Sobers is the second best batsman, or that Greg Chappell is, or that Brian Lara is, or that Neil Harvey is, or that Viv Richards is, or that Sunny Gavaskar is, or that Jack Hobbs is, or that Victor Trumper is, or that Allan Border is, or that WG Grace is, or that Peter May is, or that etc etc.

And incidentally, the fact that Tendulkar made more runs than anyone is impressive, but really it indicates nothing other than longevity combined with his early start.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
And incidentally, the fact that Tendulkar made more runs than anyone is impressive, but really it indicates nothing other than longevity combined with his early start.
That is ridiculously simplistic. It actually also means he contributed more to his team for longer than any other batsman. It also means he was able to play at an "international quality" level in both forms, and often higher, for longer (even if you remove the last 24 months) than anyone else.

Also who the **** is saying Neil Harvey or Sunil Gavaskar is 2nd goat?

Last edited:

Singh Is King

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I could pull out a heap of quotes that say that Sobers is the second best batsman, or that Greg Chappell is, or that Brian Lara is, or that Neil Harvey is, or that Viv Richards is, or that Sunny Gavaskar is, or that Jack Hobbs is, or that Victor Trumper is, or that Allan Border is, or that WG Grace is, or that Peter May is, or that etc etc.

Like I said. I picked my favourite crickers of all time and looked what they said in regards to the point I was making- Sir Don; said him. Lara my favourite batsman to watch along with Tendulalkar; said him. Warne my favourite spinner ever; he said him. Donald my favourite quick, said him. My favourite Aussie (Love those Aussies) Waugh said him. My favourite commentator and Umpire both said him. Thats what I was saying, I merely googled those players, no one else, and all of them had Tendulkar as their guy.
In regards to you mentioning his amount of runs, I do not believe that is his greatest stat, I listed other reasons, and others in this forum and across other forums have list different reasons other than that as well.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year

The only players that I have heard credible arguments for to be the second best Test batsman of All Time are in chronological order; Hobbs, Sobers, Richards, Tendulkar and Lara.
Headley, Hammond, Hutton, Pollock, Gavaskar and Chappell are probably next in line but not quite in the same class as the previous five.
Talent wise though I have no doubt that Barry Richards belongs in the first group.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
The only players that I have heard credible arguments for to be the second best Test batsman of All Time are in chronological order; Hobbs, Sobers, Richards, Tendulkar and Lara.
Headley, Hammond, Hutton, Pollock, Gavaskar and Chappell are probably next in line but not quite in the same class as the previous five.
Talent wise though I have no doubt that Barry Richards belongs in the first group.
Care to state why Headley, Hutton, Hammond or Greg Chappell aren't every bit as good as Tendulkar?

I just get sick of the assertions by a billion raving Indians that ST is some sort of God. Yeh. he was good. We all know that. But he sits in a cluster of about 15 great middle order batsmen.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
You been to Goa lately for the Indian rave parties?

Plenty of raving happening there.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Care to state why Headley, Hutton, Hammond or Greg Chappell aren't every bit as good as Tendulkar?

I just get sick of the assertions by a billion raving Indians that ST is some sort of God. Yeh. he was good. We all know that. But he sits in a cluster of about 15 great middle order batsmen.
Fully agree with you there. When one reads certain web sites and blogs, it is open worship. No man, and certainly no sportsman is a god and it really is zealous and quite sad and I really don't think he appreciates it either, though of course there is no way to know for sure.
But lets not penalize him because of his fanatical fans, though it sometimes turns me off as well.