• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BREAKING NEWS : Hair wrote to ICC offering to resign

dinu23

International Debutant
Voltman said:
That was what I was wondering when the news came out. :laugh:

Unless he shampoos his chest hair?
no no, u guys! Sanath still wants to believe he has hair. that's why he uses shampoo.

_TiGeR-ToWn_

U19 Debutant
The release of these emails are the ICC way of further discrediting Hair and virtually ending his umpring career.

Would Hair be able to take legal action for the release of these emails?

Eyes_Only

International Debutant
_TiGeR-ToWn_ said:
The release of these emails are the ICC way of further discrediting Hair and virtually ending his umpring career.

Not sure as according to Speed, he (Speed) acted on legal advice..

Makes you wonder though

FRAZ

International Captain
SJS said:
I too didnt get the bit about the shampoo but I generally assume that being an 'antique' I am often going to be 'out-of-things'.

However, Sanath is NOT a wrist spinner Fraz (as in Warne, Kumble, Kaneria and Adams) , he is a finger spinner (as in Harbhajan, Bedi, Vettori andeven, yes even Murali). :)

BTW, what did you mean by the shampoo bit?
SJS ! Actualy wrist spin is not what is cricket related ability (with respect to my last post). Actualy it was something Voltman said , he does and I was just saying as if Sanath also performs the same "wrist" related activity .

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Neil Pickup said:
Have you been taking lessons from the Darrell Hair school of tact and diplomacy?

I think we need not only a warning on our part, but an apology on yours.

Think before you type please people...

And Fraz - not responding to a post for 29 minutes as we're not constantly online isn't leaving it alone.
garg;

Sorry Fusion not ment in a racist way, but my feeling about this is that, people from pakistan will always root for there team, and will only look from there point of perspective and not from another one which might doesn't make pakistan looking good...I agree that Hair done some awefull stupid things, but if you read that article thousends of village umpires do the same...
sorry again, not ment that way.

FRAZ

International Captain
Kweek said:
garg;

Sorry Fusion not ment in a racist way, but my feeling about this is that, people from pakistan will always root for there team, and will only look from there point of perspective and not from another one which might doesn't make pakistan looking good...I agree that Hair done some awefull stupid things, but if you read that article thousends of village umpires do the same...
Well !!

PY

International Coach
:nono:

Personal comments don't work, take a chill pill/do whatever the Dutch do when chillllll (;)) man.

Run like Inzy

U19 12th Man
I don't see why people are trying to justify Hair's claim for 500,000. He probably would have earnt something like that in his remaining time but the whole scandal shows that Hair was more concerned about money when he should have been thinking about what he was going to present as evidence in court.
Even if the money seems justified he should have waited for the hearing before making such a bold demand - described as being like a ransom demand by the media. The wording of his statements made it look as though he was asking the ICC for a bribe.
The emails mean both the ICC and Hair are lowered in the eyes of the public and cricket is damaged further.
So could someone please explain why any sympathy is being shown to Hair. The 'pressure' excuse is weak and unjustifiyable in my opinion as nobody under pressure would make such bold statements and sound so relaxed in their emails.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Run like Inzy said:
I don't see why people are trying to justify Hair's claim for 500,000. He probably would have earnt something like that in his remaining time but the whole scandal shows that Hair was more concerned about money when he should have been thinking about what he was going to present as evidence in court.
Even if the money seems justified he should have waited for the hearing before making such a bold demand - described as being like a ransom demand by the media. The wording of his statements made it look as though he was asking the ICC for a bribe.
The emails mean both the ICC and Hair are lowered in the eyes of the public and cricket is damaged further.
So could someone please explain why any sympathy is being shown to Hair. The 'pressure' excuse is weak and unjustifiyable in my opinion as nobody under pressure would make such bold statements and sound so relaxed in their emails.
You defended Pakistan's walk-off in the name of self-interest. Is it so hard to remove the blinkers and see this action along the same line of argument?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
_TiGeR-ToWn_ said:

I think so. An employee has a case for claiming Constructive Dismissal (Wiki) where the employer has made his position unworkable.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Run like Inzy said:
I don't see why people are trying to justify Hair's claim for 500,000.
I agree. But I also don't see how Pakistan think it puts them in the clear as Zaheer Abbas was quoted as claiming yesterday. If they tampered with the ball they are still guilty and they are completely guilty of forfeiting the match by refusing to play.

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
Lillian Thomson said:
I agree. But I also don't see how Pakistan think it puts them in the clear as Zaheer Abbas was quoted as claiming yesterday. If they tampered with the ball they are still guilty and they are completely guilty of forfeiting the match by refusing to play.
They are entirely in clear, however with time everyone has realised that Hair has no evidence of ball tampering, and it eventually comes down to the word of a man against a team, and since Hair has no credibility left, its very obvious that Pakistan are likely to win the batlle againt Hair.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Lillian Thomson said:
You can see how Pakistan might think like that tho. The ICC have (IMO) released Hair's emails to damage his credibility. It's hard to paint oneself as a beacon of probity when you're asking for a sizeable cash settlement immediately afterwards.

I strongly disagree with the ICC making them public, but really Hair was either naive or badly advised to ever send them in the first place.

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
Kweek said:
garg;

True, but its plain stupid to single them out for it.Australia have completely backed its rogue umpire in Hair even though thoughout the rest of the world Hair is mostly seen as the real trouble maker.Also had Hair ever dared to frame Tendulkar for tampering offence without justification (like he did against Inzi), the reaction of our Billion population had been so strong that Hair would have found it difficult to find covers even in his home in Australia.

_TiGeR-ToWn_

U19 Debutant
Neil Pickup said:
I think so. An employee has a case for claiming Constructive Dismissal (Wiki) where the employer has made his position unworkable.
Well as the current way the path is heading that sort of way, I would be interested as to what action Hair takes against the ICC.

IndianByHeart

U19 Vice-Captain
_TiGeR-ToWn_ said:
Well as the current way the path is heading that sort of way, I would be interested as to what action Hair takes against the ICC.
He'll probably do anything to get $$$, will blow huff and puff, create controversies even off the field (if he's disallowed to officiate, though i think we will have to tolerate him till 2008) which will help him in selling his upcomming book, titled "The Dodgy Decision Maker"!