• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bowling - Batting Counterparts

subshakerz

International Coach
Who are the ATG or below batting/bowling counterparts displaying a similar skill level and overall standing?

For example, I consider Hadlee to be the bowling counterpart to Gavaskar, both trailblazers and the first genuine ATGs from their respective countries with a high emphasis on technical skill.

capt_Luffy

International Debutant
Who are the ATG or below batting/bowling counterparts displaying a similar skill level and overall standing?

For example, I consider Hadlee to be the bowling counterpart to Gavaskar, both trailblazers and the first genuine ATGs from their respective countries with a high emphasis on technical skill.
I can see the intent behind that comparison and I probably rate Gavaskar higher than anyone not PFK, but I think Hadlee has done more as a bowler than Gavaskar.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year

Rightio…

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Vettori and Boucher. Sustained employee on his notice period level of output much longer than anyone else.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Sachin aligned with Murali. Consistent, minimal drama, and gets the job done. Murali probably was tad more aggressive.

Warne, probably with Sobers.
Who would Lara be?

I have a feeling Laxman and Broad might be ok. Both non-ATG players with a matchwinning knack.

subshakerz

International Coach
Sachin aligned with Murali. Consistent, minimal drama, and gets the job done. Murali probably was tad more aggressive.

Warne, probably with Sobers.
I agree with Murali and Tendulkar. Both longevity masters in their own way.

Warne goes best with Lara. The magic, once in a gen cricketers who go beyond their stats, but temperamental too.

Viv and Lillee seemed to match well.

Last edited:

subshakerz

International Coach
That Hadlee is a much more skilled bowler than Gavaskar is as a batsman.

You can make a great case for Hadlee to be the best bowler of all time, I don’t think you can say the same for Gavaskar to be the 2nd best batsman of all time.
Hadlee is a lock for top five, likely top 3. But I don't think outside CW he is seen that highly. Gavaskar is top ten bat. Yeah Hadlee is ahead but to me they are comparable.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
I agree with Murali and Tendulkar. Both longevity masters in their own way.

Warne goes best with Lara. The magic, once in a gen cricketers who go beyond their stats, but temperamental too.

Viv and Lillee seemed to match well.
Viv basically matches with Imran. Great leaders, and with peaks where they destroyed everyone. Lara / Warne comparison is interesting, but Lara had far less drama.