• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bowlers who looked innocuous, but were actually effective!

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Just out of curiosity, why is it that you have so much love for Andrew Symonds, yet have so much dislike for Matthew Hayden? IIRC in the past you have stated you dislike Haydos for being an arrogant dressing room bully. Yet Symonds seemed to be just as arrogant, an in-crowder & was even the one who invented the #hoggpile. If anything he seemed to be worse than Hayden personality-wise, yet he seems to get a free pass?

It's fine if you don't want to respond.
I abhor religious hypocrisy. Hayden would cross himself upon making a ton but was a complete asshole toward opponents. The two don’t add up.

I’m also no fan of religion in general, but especially the catholic religious institution, which Hayden endorses and encourages other to join. Charlatans, scumbags, opportunists, and liars.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I abhor religious hypocrisy. Hayden would cross himself upon making a ton but was a complete asshole toward opponents. The two don’t add up.

I’m also no fan of religion in general, but especially the catholic religious institution, which Hayden endorses and encourages other to join. Charlatans, scumbags, opportunists, and liars.
Do like the old joke about Hayden not crossing himself when he tonned up in the Sheffield Shield because not even god watches domestic cricket.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Fun to watch, so unpredictable. His bowling was similar to Dernbach in a lot of ways, he lacked the pace that Dernbach had, but was a lot more intelligent and could outfox the batsmen regularly with his variations.
Vastly underrated on this forum imo. Not many bowlers out there were capable of pulling off a slower ball top-spinner. Quality fielder too.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Ravindra Jadeja is definitive proof that batting standards have declined dramatically in the last 10 years.
I think people underestimate his bowling a lot, he is a very accurate bowler and makes adjustments to his lengths according to the pitch/batsmen, bowls a great arm ball and his pace makes it difficult to make any last minute adjustments. He literally use to bowl darts when he started off, but has become street smart with experience.

Last edited:

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think people underestimate his bowling a lot, he is a very accurate bowler and makes adjustments to his lengths according to the pitch/batsmen, bowls a great arm ball and his pace that makes it difficult to make any last minute adjustments. He literally use to bowl darts when he started off, but has become street smart with experience.
He's obviously a better bowler than he looks on tv due to his subtle variations. I also think he benefits greatly from being so different from Ashwin and in the same team as him. Ashwin needs to be treated more like a traditional off spinner but Jadeja requires a different approach due to his extra speed. He basically can't beat you if you get to the pitch of the ball but you need to read his length out of the hand to move your feet quickly enough.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's obviously a better bowler than he looks on tv due to his subtle variations. I also think he benefits greatly from being so different from Ashwin and in the same team as him. Ashwin needs to be treated more like a traditional off spinner but Jadeja requires a different approach due to his extra speed. He basically can't beat you if you get to the pitch of the ball but you need to read his length out of the hand to move your feet quickly enough.
well **** stephen why didn't you tell the Australian team this 2 months ago??